Composite Campaign Map

simonh

I came across the below post in a thread on the RQ forum, thanks @David Scott.

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/websites/facebook/2019-11-jeff-on-facebook/#ib-toc-anchor-7

I've been playing around in a drawing program for other reasons recently and I wondered what would happen if I put some of them together into a composite. Well, here's the result. Of course having to decide how the maps interleave forces some compromises.

UPDATED - I found a map of Heortland to extend it south.

I'd love to have access to decent scans of the maps Jeff showed off here but I suppose we'll have to wait for the official versions.

1271079067_GloranthaCampaignCompositeMap3.thumb.png.72485a8b3fa92ef673a32fc89fd56360.png

Edited by simonh
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

Having seen and even handled the eight original maps that cover Dragon Pass, Kethaela, Dagori Inkarth and Prax, yes, everybody would want those. Ideally as digital layers so you can put on the thematic layers without trying to pull three layers of sheets just into place.

IIRC Jeff mentioned that the label file had about 2.2k entries... with settlements of 500 souls upward shown on the map, as well as special places.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

It reminds me of a pilot friend from back in the 1980s who had to plot his courses on a half dozen flight maps that were invariably spread out in a similar fashion.  I love the random color schemes and especially that snippet of the Far Point map that joins Tarsh to Dagori Inkarth.  It is great that they are all more-or-less to scale.

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

It reminds me of a pilot friend from back in the 1980s who had to plot his courses on a half dozen flight maps that were invariably spread out in a similar fashion.  I love the random color schemes and especially that snippet of the Far Point map that joins Tarsh to Dagori Inkarth.  It is great that they are all more-or-less to scale.

I did have to do a bit of resizing to get them to scale right. Many of them are all to the same scale I think but the scanning process introduced some variation.

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!