Map of Miskander's Tower

Ryan Kent

The map of Miskander's Tower for The Grey Crane adventure from Pegasus Plateau and Other Stories leaves out many described elements.  As a result, it does not make any sense. Does anyone have a better map for that adventure?

Planning to run it at Dundracon in February.

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Kent said:

The map of Miskander's Tower for The Grey Crane adventure from Pegasus Plateau and Other Stories leaves out many described elements.  As a result, it does not make any sense. Does anyone have a better map for that adventure?

Planning to run it at Dundracon in February.

Thanks. 

Agreed. I do like The Grey Crane as an adventure, but oh dear lord the map is confusing. I was adjusting stuff on the fly when I loaded it to Roll20. 

I haven't run that adventure, but the notes I made on page 51 of my PDF copy say,

The floor plans here do not match the description on the following page.
REVISE THESE MAPS!

I haven't done that yet, though. So I too would be interested in what anyone who ran this already did to get the text description and the map to match.

Edited by Bren

I used the map as is, as it's much easier to just change the text, here's my notes:

SPOILER ALERT! CONTAINS ADVENTURE DETAILS

Spoiler

image.png.40abf42d399bc3a5f07b6f2d8c65102b.png

It took me a while to figure that the second floor heading in the text was actually the third Floor.

I used Roll20, so it was easy to draw on the fallen rocks and inset fireplaces and furnace, etc. My players had a great time on the third floor traversing the broken north wall from stairs to the treacherous stone Floor, passing the chimney hole. Likewise in the cellar, they were very wary of the doorway that was the demons mouth, I had the tattered curtains have teeth on them.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

• 6 months later...

It should be pointed out that the published map in the adventure doesn't match the description or the original map, drawn by Steve Perrin, I think. I'm not sure what happened but the map can be found in one of the stretch-goal books that came with the Guide:
image.thumb.jpeg.d72d8f8027443a42f9938ff0e9b4bf35.jpeg

• Helpful 1