BRPing in Sartar Kingdom Of Heroes

Pnick

I'll probably convert some key areas into RQ3, which is close enough to BRP and MRQ to be useful. It won't be soon, though, as I haven't much time and have a lot of things I need to do.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

intrigued to know what you mean by 'without much luck'.

Well, I was actually not able to do it at all and gave up on it. Converting it seemed to be more job than making a new one from scratch. The simulationist-narrative schism was just to deep for me.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Sartar contains mostly "systemless" information, and all the personalities described do not have stats, in accordance with the new trend introduced by HQ2. This has been done intentionally, in order to allow usage of this book with any system. The only effort required is in the conversion of cults, but even that is not so difficult.

Please note that the approach taken is very different from the previous HeroQuest supplements, which contain a lot of reference to HQ rules. If you have had bad experiences converting, this will no longer be true with Sartar.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Please note that the approach taken is very different from the previous HeroQuest supplements, which contain a lot of reference to HQ rules. If you have had bad experiences converting, this will no longer be true with Sartar.

Hmm... Maybe I should give it a try then. :)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Funnily enough, I've never had any problems converting HeroQuest scenarios into RQ* ones.

The basis is the same - you have a plot, the PCs follow the plot and do various things. All you are changing is the mechanism by which they do it. Magic is very easy to convert (at least it was for Hero Wars/HeroQuest 1) and most other things convert to skills or abilities. Skill levels are a bit trickier, but I always convert to the skill level of the PCs in my campaigns rather than to a speficis skill level.

HeroQuests are even easier to convert as they are just stories with mundane or magical benefits.

I've even run HeroQuest scenarios in RQ with conversion on the fly. It turned out very easy to do.

* BRP should be the same as BRP and RQ are so similar to be virtually interchangeable.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here