Heroforge Voodoo-fu!

svensson

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

Does Heroforge enable darker hues of skin? These are all a lot paler than how Sartarites are described.

My understanding of Sartar is that the locals are of 'Gaulish' or classic 'Irish' coloration and that there's more physical diversity in the Lunar Empire.

But HF itself has a wide range of colors, from human to fantasy.

10 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

How are you differentiating your Rune Levels from non-Rune Levels???

I don't like the armour selections - not enough Bronze Age stuff.

Since you complained about the price (and quite rightly so), why not just get a 3D printer, and then get the files to print from? Then, do the painting yourself (or, as I did, get someone else to do them for you)?

Rune levels are identified by carrying iron or Rune-metal gear instead of bronze /gold-tone. For example, the amount of copper and iron in Ernalina Axe-Sister's equipment.

As for the armors, you won't find much Heroic Bronze Age armors in HF [no Dendera Panoply, boar tusk helmets, Minoan dresses etc.]. I've selected the most 'Bronze-ish Age' gear but there's a wide range of stuff I'd like to see myself. They do address the tropes pretty well and are adding stuff all the time.

I don't know a whole lot about 3d Printers. The couple that I've been exposed to stank quite a bit and I live in an apartment building. I don't want to be a source of vile smells.

I think if HF were to add anything, I'd like them to add more expression to the eyes. With the selections currently available, it's fairly difficult to make a figure look angry, with knit brows and an intense gaze. The expressions of the eyes are pretty limited at this point. But let me say that all this is rather more critique than criticism. I'm amazed with how much you can get done with just a little practice on Heroforge.

Edited by svensson

9 hours ago, Joerg said:

Does Heroforge enable darker hues of skin? These are all a lot paler than how Sartarites are described.

Lots of options, depending on how you wanna do things.

Fortunately it only costs money to have them printed or turned into tokens, so easy enough to experiment.

274719038_HeroForgeOrlanthi.png.0e862900e0d21583cad6824160d89423.png

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Orlnessa of Odayla participates in the Great Hunt.

She wears 1 pt. buckskins and a bear skull headress [4 pts.]. She is lightly armed, with only a longbow and hatchet. Presumably, she also carries a skinning knife [the HF program doesn't allow 'daggers in the boot' or 3 items on a belt].

RQ Orlnessa of Odayla screenshot.png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 3

My poor Rhino Rider, Grettir Widewander, about the middle of his career.

He wears buckskins [+2 Armor Enchantment] under a bronze cuirass, thick leather abdomen, and middle-grade helm with a Farsee 2 matix.

In our game, we simplified helmets thusly: Caps /Hoods of 1 or 2 points, Open nasal helm 4 pts, 'Cheeked' helm [similar to a classic Roman legionary helm] 6 pts, and Full helm [the Corinthian helm or European great helm] 8 pts.

He is armed with a fine composite bow [Speedart matrix], suitable for use rhino-back, a broadsword of excellent quality [+1 AP, +1 Damage, Bladesharp 2 matrix] and a skinning knife. On his [unseen] mount is a lance, medium shield, and extra quiver.

RQ Grettir Widewander screenshot.png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 1

As I mentioned earlier, the figure I purchased from HF was pretty expensive. It turns out that was because of several design decisions I made and the shipping I'd inadvertently selected.

So I redesigned the figure without the 'XL' elements and was able to cut the price for a color plastic fig down to $45 USD + shipping costs. That's still expensive, but it beats the heck out of $80 USD! 🤣

You can find the original version of the figure on Page 1 of this thread. This is what he looks likes now.

Design notes:

Kesten Blackblade is a starting RQG character. He is of the Narri Clan of the Colymar tribe, is an initiate of Humakt, and trained as Light Infantry background.

His gear is an bronze open Helm, linothorax torso, cuiboulli limbs and medium shield. He is armed with a broadsword and knife. Additionally, he's skilled with the composite bow. He has wrapped his simple rectangular woolen cloak around himself to get it out of the way for the fight. His ancestral sword is 'the Blackblade', a fine [+1 AP] bronze broadsword with a Bladesharp 2 matrix in it. He carries the geas that he must clean the blade daily and rub a mixture of charcoal, fat, and ash on the blade to 'blacken' it. [Note: this isn't an official Humakti geas, just a roleplay detail]

RQ Kesten Blackblade Copy screenshot.png

• Like 3

I like seeing Kesten Blackblade.  I will generally pick him or Vishi Dun when I play the RQ starting characters at tournaments.  It would be a fine thing if there were go-to models of all the RQ starting characters available on Heroforge.  Then you can start in on the military units of the Hero Wars (hehe nudge nudge).

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 8:34 PM, Darius West said:

I like seeing Kesten Blackblade.  I will generally pick him or Vishi Dun when I play the RQ starting characters at tournaments.  It would be a fine thing if there were go-to models of all the RQ starting characters available on Heroforge.  Then you can start in on the military units of the Hero Wars (hehe nudge nudge).

As for military units, I have a Sartar tribal thane done, as well as a young Yelmalio militiaman

Military-ish

Korlest, thane of an Axe-Orlanthi tribe

Gloranthaisms:

All metals 'brushed bronze' in color, as if he's been out on campaign for a time

Storm Pantheon Air Rune in appropriate orange-on-blue colors

Equipment:

Cheeked Helm [6 pts], Heavy Scale Hauberk [5 pts], Cuirboulli limbs [3 pts], Medium Shield.

Spear, Battle Axe, Dagger [Javelins have presumably been thrown already]

RQ Korlest Clan Thane screenshot(2).png

• Like 2

Sun Dome Militiaman

A Yelmalio initiate doing his annual two weeks cult service

Gloranthaisms:

All metals 'brushed bronze', bright bronze, or brass gold tones [initiates don't rate gold, after all]

Armor is painted Cuirboulli, medium shield is painted with the 'hollow sun' of Yelmalion worship

Armor is Open Helm [4 pts], Cuirboulli torso and limbs, medium shield.

Weapons are spear, shortsword, and dagger.

RQ Turolan SD Militia screenshot(1).png

• Like 2