Doubt about animals skill progression

Jose Luis

Hello,

In my campaign, one of the characters has a giant wolf under his command.  They adventure together in all adventures, and the wolf obviously has its own set of skills and stats.

May the animal have skill progress as a PC has?  Especially skill checks that come from successful use of the skill.

Many thanks.

25 minutes ago, Jose Luis said:

Hello,

In my campaign, one of the characters has a giant wolf under his command.  They adventure together in all adventures, and the wolf obviously has its own set of skills and stats.

May the animal have skill progress as a PC has?  Especially skill checks that come from successful use of the skill.

Many thanks.

I asked Scottie about this in RQ Q&Q and his answer was one tailored for one's table... MGF. Maximum Game Fun was his official answer to that question. 

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

mgf is my first answer too

but maybe, I would keep in mind that th skill check is for abnormal situation and I m not sure that, for example, biting a target is an abnormal situation for a wolf. A wolf must bit to eat so often, so, depending on the target ... yes hurting an armored warrior or a sabertooth is abnormal, but hurting a prey (including poor farmer) is just "standard giant wolf life"