Looking for a god of Liberation

Godlearner

14 hours ago, Godlearner said:

Right, the real version of Orlanth 😈

No, the tougher, meatier version with all the trimmings, whistles and bells is what I mean.  I have a feeling that not all Orlanthi are created equal.

14 hours ago, Godlearner said:

At least the version which exists in my Glorantha at the location where the game is taking place (closer to Pamaltela than Genertela). Orlanth is just not the answer for what I seek. 

Well, given that we don't presently have info about what the Pamaltelan Orlanth cult (of God Learner origin) actually has access to, in terms of subcults, associated cults, etc.  We don't know how different it is from more typical (setting-wise) Sartar/Heortland Orlanth worship.  That means potentially you can tweak things a bit to fit imo.

The primary Trickster opposing Ompalam in Fonrit would be Bolongo, the nearest equivalent in the Pamaltelan pantheon to Eurmal.  Several of his nastier tricks are recorded in Revealed Mythologies.  According to one of them he's responsible for the division of the world into physical and spiritual planes (through murder).  Garangordos and his Glorious Ones began their conquest of what became Fonrit by heroquesting the myth of the Necklace of Pamalt, the Pamaltelan understanding of the Great Compromise, with Garangordos taking the role of Pamalt and drawing his relatives and associates into the drama in the guise of different Pamaltelan gods, re-textured and re-contextualized by making the lessons of Ompalam central to the story.  Garangordos' brother Jokotu proved to be Bolongo within this new Necklace, who murdered Garangordos at or near the end of the conquest and was dismembered by the rest of the Glorious Ones for his trouble.  The City of the Free is named for Jokotu, and I suspect that the Bolongo cult has a powerful role in resistance to the Fonritian slaving system, both among rebellious slaves and counter-cultural masirin, or really anyone in Fonrit who wants to flaut or undermine the strictures of society.

• Like 1