Two days spent...

Nozbat

I spent two days researching and drawing a detailed plan of the Jagdschloss in Grunewald, Berlin for the latest episode of my campaign Nyarlathotep Rag... and the investigators were too scared to go in... fecking gobsh1tes

I'll recycle it for something else... 

I'm guessing it's happened to others? What's the worst

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nozbat said:

I spent two days researching and drawing a detailed plan of the Jagdschloss in Grunewald, Berlin for the latest episode of my campaign Nyarlathotep Rag... and the investigators were too scared to go in...

Nice! I want my investigators to be too scared to go in... then a session or two later uncover a compelling reason to go in.

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, mvincent said:

Nice! I want my investigators to be too scared to go in... then a session or two later uncover a compelling reason to go in.

That right there is the ticket to ensuring the players feel like they have to go in, even if they're terrified of doing so... and if they don't ---> consequences. Ah, who are we kidding... bad sh*t's going to happen either way, right? But what set of consequences are the worst, from a PC point of view?

• Like 2

They are going in... it's actually not mythos stuff they are scared of .. mainly because they aren't aware of what is actually happening. They are scared of the ex-FreiKorps guards, having had a serious run in with their commander in a previous session.

I'm confident enough to have even finished my drawing of the Jagdschloss...

1176235055_JagdschlossGrunewald3.thumb.png.c0721c616d0a5d5b969e6109aa17edb9.pngfreikorps-munich.jpg.34475a9813c3831b05405bdebc3442d9.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Nozbat said:

I spent two days researching and drawing a detailed plan of the Jagdschloss in Grunewald, Berlin for the latest episode of my campaign Nyarlathotep Rag... and the investigators were too scared to go in... fecking gobsh1tes

I'll recycle it for something else... 

I'm guessing it's happened to others? What's the worst

Just kidnap someone they care about and have them held there if it is Pulp C'thulhu.  Serve the fecking chicken-hearted gobsh1tes right!

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, Darius West said:

Just kidnap someone they care about and have them held there if it is Pulp C'thulhu.  Serve the fecking chicken-hearted gobsh1tes right!

I had thought about doing that @Darius West.. they just didn't give me a plausible justification in time

As an update... last nights session started with a firefight in the dark with ex-FreiKorps guards which resulted in accidental injuries all round (no-one could see what they were doing) and ended with cosplaying bird-watchers at the other side of the Grunewaldsee in an attempt to find out what was happening at the Jagdschloss.  Unfortunately, they picked the night of the dark of the moon (should have traditionally been a gibbous moon but the SFx couldn't afford one) and there was a major ritual occurring. One of the investigators got entranced by the unearthly music, ripped his clothes off and was about to swim the Grunewaldsee to participate in the ritual (certain death). The other investigators managed to stop adjusting their binoculars and posing in their tweeds long enough to notice what he was doing and grappled him to the ground. They dragged him back and one even kindly brought his discarded clothes for him. It might have been a long, cold, naked walk back to their lodgings if someone hadn't been so thoughtful. I suspect they might have ended up in that salacious gossip rag, the Dahlem Morgenblatt if they'd been seen.

We have now got to the point of pain and the inevitable crazy plans to eliminate the enemy. I'd be interested if other Keepers find that investigators seem to spend time discussing plans that are inoperable?

Thought I'd upload the plan of the Schloss if anyone wants to use it

Jagdschloss Grunewald 6.png

• Like 1

Use the Lord of the Rings make them enter Moria solution - chase them in. Suspicious people with unblinking eyes, groups of people following them, escape routes slowly being closed off, uniformed officers gathering in the area around the party.

Someone staring at them speaking into a handheld radio or tapping on a morse key.

When they try to escape, one of the officers looks up and starts walking towards them. If they move back towards the building, the officer is suddenly distracted by street hooligans.

Completely justifiable in terms of game mechanics - the building wants them to enter.

image.png

• Like 1