Publishing House Rules and Helpful Glosses

piersb

I was getting bored of turning between half a dozen different books every time the Winter Phase came round, so I've made a document for myself and my players pulling all of the relevant rules from all of the supplements I have into one document for the Winter Phase to make everyone's lives a little easier.

What are the rules of the forum on posting it here?

I think it might be helpful (as a starting point to put together your own version, if nothing else) but obviously it uses parts of the rules and their supplements for its basis, so might be inappropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

With no definitive responses one way or another I'm going to split the difference and say that all sorts of useful information - including my battle, entourage, and (soon) manor trackers can be found in The Liminal Blade Wiki PDF downloads page at (removed).

No doubt a mod can remove that link if it's felt inappropriate.

Would be interested in thoughts on some of the house rules in particular (eg I've simplified Entourage Death Tracking).

Edited by Scotty
link removed

On 11/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, piersb said:

I was getting bored of turning between half a dozen different books every time the Winter Phase came round, so I've made a document for myself and my players pulling all of the relevant rules from all of the supplements I have into one document for the Winter Phase to make everyone's lives a little easier.

What are the rules of the forum on posting it here?

You are more than welcome to distribute materials within your group facilitate play. But as soon as you post chunks of a book on a public website (such as here or your own) or distribute it publicly, it becomes a copyright issue. Our fan policy covers most of this:

3. You may occasionally quote small sections of text, as long as you make clear where the text is from. By “small sections” we mean up to a sentence or two.

Also, @SaxBasilisk: if the maps are new interpretations (ie your player made them themselves rather than making changes to the maps in the books), then I think you can publish them under item 7 of the fan-use policy as long as you put a disclaimer up and don't charge for them?

"[Y]ou may create your own interpretations of material presented in our artwork and maps (as long as these are original interpretations and not simple copies)." - https://www.chaosium.com/fan-material-policy/

I don't think it's a goer if it's just eg shading the counties the Saxons have taken over on top of the original maps in pencil though (my own current solution to this problem).

1 hour ago, piersb said:

Also, @SaxBasilisk: if the maps are new interpretations (ie your player made them themselves rather than making changes to the maps in the books), then I think you can publish them under item 7 of the fan-use policy as long as you put a disclaimer up and don't charge for them?

They are reworked versions of those in the book. But I didn't really think they could be published anyway, so no disappontment here.