Brygga Scissortongue

Erol of Backford

2 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

You mean 'Jorjar the Quick' I imagine. I think Jarang Bladesong was a rebel with something to do with the Cradle defense.

You're probably right, but damned if I can find that illustration to prove either one of us right or wrong. Yelm knows I looked for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, svensson said:

You're probably right, but damned if I can find that illustration to prove either one of us right or wrong. Yelm knows I looked for it.

He's not in the Well of Daliath either.

Whenever I am looking for something I'll check 10 sources, not find what I am looking for but see 3-4 other interesting things and go down a rabbit hole so I have 5-6 different PDF's open and 4-5 books on the coffee table...

Too funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, svensson said:

but damned if I can find that illustration to prove either one of us right or wrong. Yelm knows I looked for it.

The illustration I believe you're thinking of is by Jan Pospisil and is the one set at Pimper's Block and appears in at least 13th Age Glorantha p.354. But it doesn't have the description there, and I know that is recorded somewhere. It is post-Argrath conquest of Pavis, so cannot be in either the Guide or older HeroQuest material.

Found the full art direction in Martin Helsdon's Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass p. 115 (description p.114), but does not name the captive. "Followers of Argrath White Bull have brought a high-status Lunar captive from New Pavis to the oasis of Pimper’s Block. This is a thriving slave market on the border between Dragon Pass and Prax... A Bison Tribe woman of the Storm Bull cult and member of the Bullocks War Society contemptuously guards a captive..."

I feel certain that Jotoran is the Lunar captive, but cannot find further reference.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

The illustration I believe you're thinking of is by Jan Pospisil and is the one set at Pimper's Block and appears in at least 13th Age Glorantha p.354. But it doesn't have the description there, and I know that is recorded somewhere. It is post-Argrath conquest of Pavis, so cannot be in either the Guide or older HeroQuest material.

Found the full art direction in Martin Helsdon's Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass p. 115 (description p.114), but does not name the captive. "Followers of Argrath White Bull have brought a high-status Lunar captive from New Pavis to the oasis of Pimper’s Block. This is a thriving slave market on the border between Dragon Pass and Prax... A Bison Tribe woman of the Storm Bull cult and member of the Bullocks War Society contemptuously guards a captive..."

I feel certain that Jotoran is the Lunar captive, but cannot find further reference.

Try HeroQuest Glorantha p100-101.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metcalph said:

Try HeroQuest Glorantha p100-101.  

Skimmed through, and think I even did a search, but missed it!  Thanks!

"Lunar captive: The prisoner is Jotaran Longsword, who fortune has not treated well. Once the City Administrator of Pavis for the Lunar Empire, now he is an enslaved prisoner. The prisoner has unkempt blonde hair and a ragged beard. He wears a bronze slave collar around his neck and wears only a long, soiled robe."

Perhaps why I missed it is that the name is misspelled vs. the original: "Jotoran Longsword, Chief Administrator of Pavis"

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 5:54 AM, JRE said:

You may be opposed to the Nazis, but you are also working with them. I would expect more risk from hotheaded resistants than the Occupation forces.

So Brygga gets her head shaved and is sold at Pimper Block as well? She wasn't working against the Lunars, she was making as much profit as she could, a true collaborator. Probably even turned over some good Orlanthi to Sor Eel for profit?

I wonder if any of the prisoners who make it to be sold at Pimpers Block to the morokanth and then passed to Gagix where they become reborn? Would Jotoran not be scarry to been encountered as a scorpionman or what about this greaseball and his girlfriend as scorpionmen...

On 4/22/2023 at 10:04 AM, jajagappa said:

Skimmed through, and think I even did a search, but missed it!  Thanks!

"Lunar captive: The prisoner is Jotaran Longsword, who fortune has not treated well. Once the City Administrator of Pavis for the Lunar Empire, now he is an enslaved prisoner. The prisoner has unkempt blonde hair and a ragged beard. He wears a bronze slave collar around his neck and wears only a long, soiled robe."

Perhaps why I missed it is that the name is misspelled vs. the original: "Jotoran Longsword, Chief Administrator of Pavis"

Ahaha

And Jarang Bladesong is in Argrath's army - https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/argraths-army/

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson