Judges Guild Locations in Sartar?

AlHazred

8 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

I like that Mr. Soltakss but then what is Alric's Fort as nothing is placed on the maps, or so I have seen over the years, without some history behind it somewhere.

To be honest, that is the first I have heard about it.

The Glorantha Wiki says that it is an EWF fort sometimes used by bandits. The fort isn't mentioned in Sartar or Sartar Companion.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

8 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

then what is Alric's Fort as nothing is placed on the maps, or so I have seen over the years, without some history behind it somewhere.

Either: 1) something found on Greg's original master maps not previously detailed; or 2) a site identified as the new Dragon Pass gazetteer was developed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, soltakss said:

The Glorantha Wiki says that it is an EWF fort sometimes used by bandits.

I forgot about the Wiki, thank you! 

Nobody got the Knight's Tale reference, tough crowd... I give you Alrich von Liechtenstein!

Regardless maybe Duck Tower should just be Stone Nest?

image.png.2af725e4a08db0604d394b37535ced5b.png image.png.ead43397181d6d0bf41e96e2db3fd126.png

From Wiki: During the Lunar Occupation, a detachment of the Beryl Phalanx under the command of Lergius Kassias was stationed here.

Edited by Erol of Backford

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Always loved the cover of the Old Gods of Glorantha box.

How many covers did the Players Handbook from our old friends at The Smoking Ruins actually inspire? Gods of Glorantha, Advanced Lovers & Lesbians, No Country for Old Kobolds. There must be more.

• Haha 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

7 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

9780935696011.OL.0.m.jpg

Although the idol is neither little nor yellow, the cover always reminds me of dodgy old J M Hayes and his dodgy old performance piece. I guess it was supposed to and to indicate the true fate of every RPG character: no apotheosis, just extrajudicial capital punishment for their first blasphemy.

He may have been a racist, misogynist, and anti-semite (or what’s worse: willing to exploit those traits in others for cash), but he had some fairly sensible — if pat, rehearsed, and “cynical” advice for GMs and writers of lore.

Spoiler

I wrote The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God in five hours, but I had it all planned out. It isn't poetry and it does not pretend to be, but it does what it sets out to do. It appeals to the imagination from the start: those colours, green and yellow, create an atmosphere. Then India, everyone has his own idea of India. Don't tell the public too much. Strike chords. It is no use describing a house; the reader will fix the scene in some spot he knows himself. All you've got to say is 'India' and a man sees something. Then play on his susceptibilities.

His name was Mad Carew. You've got the whole man there. The public will fill in the picture for you. And then the mystery. Leave enough unsaid to make paterfamilias pat himself on the back. 'I've spotted it, he can't fool me. I'm up to that dodge. I know where he went.' No need to explain. Then that final ending where you began. It carries people back. You've got a compact whole. 'A broken-hearted woman tends the grave of Mad Carew' They'll weave a whole story round that woman's life. Every man's a novelist at heart. We all tell ourselves stories. That's what you've got to play on.

— Hayes in My Brother Evelyn and Other Profiles by Alec Waugh

Or we could have ten volumes on the religious and mythological context of the idol of the little yellow god. (It’ll turn out that the god was neither small, nor golden, just the idol, because … you know … reasons.)

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

On 6/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, Erol of Backford said:

Not a Judge's Guild scenario but from a similar time period. Has anyone placed Gruug's Cave (Heros V2 01) in near Sartar or the Heortland Plateau? 

Has anyone set a dwarven ruin in the stormwalk or skyreach mountains? Trying to position it either side of Dragon Pass but don't want to do so arbitrarily... Dwarf Run, Battle Valley, Clanking Ruins, Dwarf Cliff, Dwarf Knoll... are there other know spots? Maybe it's just an expansion of the Two-Face scenario or under Dwarf Cliff? 

Thoughts or suggestions.

5 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Has anyone set a dwarven ruin in the stormwalk or skyreach mountains?

Gemborg and the Vent are the primary Holy Country dwarf locations. If you draw a line from Greatway in the Rockwoods to Gemborg, you'll be under Dwarf Run/Dwarf Mine then Kero Fin, but will not go directly under Skyreach but close to Arkat's Hold. (Maybe there's a reason Arkat built there that had to do with keeping the dwarfs in check???)

I've not seen anything to connect the dwarfs with the Storm Mountains (nor any great reason to do so - they aren't everywhere).

Edited by jajagappa
  • Thanks 1