Basic Roleplaying Free Character Sheets Pack

MOB

BRP Character Sheets Pack

Create. Explore. Play.

Basic Roleplaying (BRP) is a system of core rules for tabletop roleplaying. Whether you’re a seasoned roleplaying veteran or new to the hobby, Basic Roleplaying has everything you need for years of entertainment.

This book contains the core system rules, as well as character creation, advancement, monsters and antagonists, as well as GameMaster advice.

You can download the free 12 page BRP Character Sheets Pack from the Basic Roleplaying: Universal Game Engine product page, and at our Itch.io page. 

The pack features BRP character sheets, NPC sheets, and Vehicle and Mount sheets, including fillable versions. Print them and use them again and again!

Basic Roleplaying: Universal Game Engine is available now in PDF:

• Buy the PDF direct from Chaosium.com and get the cost of the PDF off the physical version: we'll email you a discount coupon when the hardback is released later in 2023.
  • Also available in PDF at DriveThruRPG.

BRP’s Universal Game Engine is available royalty-free for personal and commercial use under the ORC license. Use these rules, and focus on creating your worlds, scenarios and even books to sell!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

The Character Sheet (Fillable) seems to have a bug on its "Reset" & "Background" buttons : do nothing but some stars showing on and off.
And the Character Sheet with Hit Locations (Blank) has a... typo (rather than a bug) since it displays a (useless) "Reset" button.

Am I the only one with these glitches (might then be linked to my PDF editor, still displaying other sheets OK though)?
It seems quite strange that noone reported after a month time.

I dig these sheets and the recent handouts, BTW, thanks MOB!

Given that the system is designed to cover multiple genres, what about a sheet(s) that allows the gm to replace skill names to better suit the genre or period used (e.g. replacing First Aid with Physik in a fantasy game). It would really help change the players' feel for the specific campaign they're playing in. 

Edited by gevrin
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

On 6/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, CeruleanGecko said:

The Character Sheet (Fillable) seems to have a bug on its "Reset" & "Background" buttons : do nothing but some stars showing on and off.
And the Character Sheet with Hit Locations (Blank) has a... typo (rather than a bug) since it displays a (useless) "Reset" button.

Am I the only one with these glitches (might then be linked to my PDF editor, still displaying other sheets OK though)?
It seems quite strange that noone reported after a month time.

I dig these sheets and the recent handouts, BTW, thanks MOB!

What PDF application are you using?

• Thanks 1

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

27 minutes ago, Dan Z said:

What PDF application are you using?

Thanks for your help. Problem solved (sort of) in the meantime.

I am using both SumatraPDF (useless 'cause unable to display/use form fields/buttons) and some PDF-XChange products from Tracker Software editor who gave pretty good results, safe for the two exceptions above.

Then I bought the BRUGE system today and found that I could download more recent versions of the 8 PC/NPC/mounts empty/fillable sheets through my account/order. These latter releases are working great and have replaced the itch.io free pack with success.

TLDR: character sheets from the itch.io free pack (April) are not up-to-date and some might be buggy. Recent ones from Chaosium client accounts (May) are flawless. Just in case someone at Chaosium wants to update the BRP free pack. To whom it may concern. YMMV. No animals were harmed in the writing of this comment. È pericoloso sporgersi.

Not sure where to report a problem about the Handouts pack, so I picked up this thread (with character sheets and other free stuff) rather than the BRUGE Corrections Thread. Moderators please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Talking about weapons, armors and shields, be it primitive, historic, modern or advanced, the Handouts pack is lacking the Historic Melee Weapons found in CHA2036 on page 172. Being the only table left out, I'm quite convinced it's an omission rather than a choice.

Just in case Chaosium go for a correction round on all those useful free docs.

Edited by CeruleanGecko