Winged Humaniods: Need stats

ORtrail

...or winged as in WIngs PLUS arms (Ruler Dragonnewts from the Glorantha Book in RQIII, albeit they have tails as well)?

Nick

If I remember right, the Gorgon from RQ3 (Avalon Hill) is winged.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

The article was about the Gwaefir, and had stats for AD&D, Chivalry & Sorcery, TFT, T&T, and Stormbringer. It suggests using the stats for the Myrrhn from that game (I'd use the stats from Stormbringer 5th edition, as they're the most balanced), with details of lasso attacks by them. The article also suggests using Runequest Wind Children stats too.

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Okay, thanks for the responses. I was mainly interested in the DW article details about the, uh, Gwaefir. I'm remembering a smaller race, light frames, no heavy armor (leather at most) and missle weapons. Hmm, homes built on high ground/cliffs?

As long as I don't set up a culture of winged humanoids who specalize in underground mining I think I'll be okay. ;D

Rust: I am curious about the Wind Children stats, having never seen the RQ Vikings box. The smiley makes me think they are rather powerful, not the idea I was going for.

Here you go ... :)

Wind Child

STR 2D6

CON 3D6

SIZ 2D6

INT 2D6+6

POW 2D6+6

DEX 2D6+10

APP 3D6

Move 2/9 flying

Hit Points 9

Fatigue 18

[Agility +9] Boat 00, Climb 40, Dodge 25, Jump 10,

Ride 00, Swim 00; [Communication +6] skills as per

human; [Knowledge +3] skills as per human; [Mani-

pulation +9] skills as per human; [Perception +6]

Listen 20, Search 40, Scan 40; [stealth +7] Hide 05,

Sneak 05

[typical spirit magic 65 %] Disrupt, Mobility, Shimmer,

Speedart; [typical divine magic 100 %] Command

Sylph, Heal Area, Storm god spells. Wind Children may

have bound a sylph. All Wind Children can learn the

spell of Summon Sylph at no cost in INT.

Armor: None natural. Rarely wears any, as it grossly

inhibits dodging and flying ability. Each point of ENC

over a Wind Child's STR subtracts 5 percentiles from

any skill used in flight.

The typical weapon is an extremely long and thin lance

with 8 hit points, SR of 1, doing 1D8+1 points of dama-

ge on impact.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Rust: I am curious about the Wind Children stats, having never seen the RQ Vikings box. The smiley makes me think they are rather powerful, not the idea I was going for.

Not really - Apart from the DEX and POW there not to bad...

STR 2D6; CON 3D6; SIZ 2D6; INT 2D6+6; POW 2D6+6; DEX 2D6+10; APP 3D6

R Leg 01 - 03 01 - 02 .33 THP

L Leg 04 - 06 03 - 04 .33 THP

Abdomen 07 - 09 05 - 08 .33 THP

Chest 10 09 - 13 .40 THP

R Wing 11 - 12 14 - 15 .25 THP

L Wing 13 - 14 16 - 17 .25 THP

R Arm 15 - 16 18 .25 THP

L Arm 17 - 18 19 .25 THP

Head 19 - 20 20 .33 THP

the AH RQIII Vikings boxed set is well worth picking up, some excellent information even if you aren't planning a specifically Norse game.

Cheers,

Nick

[EDIT: Scooped! :D ]

Okay, thanks for the responses. I was mainly interested in the DW article details about the, uh, Gwaefir. I'm remembering a smaller race, light frames, no heavy armor (leather at most) and missle weapons. Hmm, homes built on high ground/cliffs?

Your memory of the Gwaefir article is correct. They live above the tree line on mountain tops. They live in caves dug into the sides of the mountains, with only a curtain across the front to stop the worst of the elements. They also have towers that are built to mimic their mountain caves.

They are claustrophobic, and cannot go into houses or deep underground without losing SAN.

Gwaefir use bows, spears and rapiers, and either wear light leather armour, if they're strong, or carry a small buckler. They use lassoos to grab the weapons from ground based enemies, or even strangle them.

They worship a storm god and do not light fires in their homes (I'd give them the minor mutation power Hardy to cold), and they cook meat near to the place they killed it.

They're pretty much flying elves, even having pointed ears.

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

ORtrail said:
Rust, Nick, and Conrad, thanks guys. I don't care what the others say about you, you're okay in my book! ;D

That rumour about the goats, and the wellington boot, was really about Soltakss! Not me...honestly!:o

Edited by Conrad