Shah’vashak The Rainbow Wyrm

mikuel

Having run all three books-

This starts as only part of the dragon's soul, and it begins without clear knowledge of its drsgon self.  Having had the magical equivalent of a lobotomy.  So it won't have or give all the answers to the  universe.  That adventure p.104 it says it comes and goes as it pleases.  You will note that it does not intervene in the later fights through chapter ten.  It does however do something significant pages 110-111, a big favor to the Haraborn.

As written it really doesn't get more informative until Company of the Dragon.

I would limit its unscripted conversation to telling its priest how to Worship it.  And possibly repeating  its desire to unite the fragments of its soul.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
I would...
  • Like 1

Sten's leaving the obvious bit unstated: the Rainbow Wyrm becomes a key character in "The Company of the Dragon," and if you want to know much more about its sinister draconic motivations than you get from Book One, you should probably pick up Book Two. Until then, its motivations are inscrutable, its personality is fragmented, and its appearances are sporadic.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

if you want to know much more about its sinister draconic motivations than you get from Book One, you should probably pick up Book Two

When I looked a couple of days ago, all three of Andrew's books were at a discount on Drive Thru RPG.  Came very close to pulling the trigger but I'm saving money for others...

• Like 1

Very sensible: you should obviously buy all of mine first.

(The "Christmas in July" sale ends four days from now.)

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:11 PM, mikuel said:

I just wanted to get a handle on a dragon's personalilty.  I'm assuming hippie/yogi like?  I have no idea. 

I'd be even more inscrutable. One day like a zen master, another in a meditative trance and unwilling to be disturbed, on yet another day spouting total nonsense (Finnegan's Wake is a great source for such), and then on another day succumbing to its baser instincts (pick one: greed, gluttony, sloth, ...). However, the big thing for dragons and dragonkind in general is to AVOID ENTANGLEMENTS! Generally involvement with other species creates debts and obligations that delay its spiritual progression and whenever they do get into these they need to go through meditation, purification, ritual actions, etc that will reduce/remove/resolve the entanglement.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 2:11 PM, mikuel said:

I have The Company of the Dragon.  I've haven't read any of the epiosodes yet.  I just wanted to get a handle on a dragon's personalilty.  I'm assuming hippie/yogi like?  I have no idea.   

Read COD, then!  It appears you are going to GM it anyway.  This will fill you  in about what that particular soul fragment does, which changes when another is found.  You will want time to research the indicated educational stories, which you should provide frequently.

At least that will fill you in on Andrew L. Montgomery"s concepts, which seem very good to me. And more important, they are part of the plot.    Much more useful than speculation on what dragons in general would talk about.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Spelling / typing
  • Like 1