Dinosaurs back to Dragonewts?

g33k

43 minutes ago, g33k said:

is this... better, somehow??!?

It's a reference to what was written about them in White Bear and Red Moon

The Pteranodons were the metamorphized bodies of other types of dinosaurs who realized their condition and set out to purify themselves.  Any dinosaur could curl up and weave a magic egg around itself, later hatching into a flying pteranodon.

• Like 2

I would propose than an intelligent dino could still become a dragon, though I consider it can no longer become a dragonewt. It has lost its egg. But if humans can become dragons, Magisaurs can too, though that will be walking a razor's edge between losing their mind and awakening their soul. 

But the ones you hear about are the failures. The succesful ones have withdrawn from the world and are slowly forging their own path. Though they can get caught in the world for high enough stakes. Or a good story.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I would imagine that Tailed Priests may actually busy themselves with helping magisaurs to re-enter the draconic path.  I doubt that their egg has been "lost", but rather that for whatever reason, the magisaur has "lost connection" to their egg.  Think of it like tech support helping you to install a new modem.  Terrible analogy.  On the other hand the Inhuman King lays fresh eggs, as Kings do...

• Like 1