Jevdur Library

Erol of Backford

Curious as to where anyone has placed an entrance to Jevdur in their Glorantha?

MLD p.34 notes there is an entrance to Jevdur in one of the ruins in Dragon Pass... surely the high level Lhankor Mhy officials know where its is located or do possibly the PC's stumble upon it somehow without even truly knowing until they go and research it.

If the real location in God Time was where the ruins on the Stream is located southeast of Duck Ferry (red arrow in clip below) it could be entered there once located and or revealed to the PC's? 

Its hidden until it wishes to be found by those it/Lhankor Mhy deems worthy, it becomes visible similar to the Six Seasons in Sartar, p80 Dragon Temple.?

We are guessing the middle ruins closer to Shuttle is the likely spot for the PP p.113 Ruin on the Stream. It could be switched easily enough.

As we see it Jevdur could also possibly be entered via Hero Questing from any of the major libraries' deep catacombs?

Maybe the entrance is discovered deep in the Nochet library basement while working through MOB's Getting of Wisdom but a ritual would be used to gain access....

I always liked this possible approach from Pavis & Big Rubble p. 261: 

image.png.29b4e16f121c86eff5917ce6669bfbf1.png

image.png.5547a526f95d2b68fc5f7dda26db9ebc.png

Edited by Erol of Backford
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Darius West said:

All those marks on bark would just wash away.

I thought it was mostly on the God's Plane? Wouldn't Lhankor Mhy will the temperature for storage of scrolls and bound rare books to be between 18 °C and 21 °c or 65°F to 70°F with the relative humidity (RH) be between 40%-55%.

Low RH levels can make bark much more brittlerer. undefined

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 6:50 AM, Erol of Backford said:

I thought it was mostly on the God's Plane? Wouldn't Lhankor Mhy will the temperature for storage of scrolls and bound rare books to be between 18 °C and 21 °c or 65°F to 70°F with the relative humidity (RH) be between 40%-55%.

Low RH levels can make bark much more brittlerer. undefined

I was of the opinion that river deities could invade the God Plane.