More detailed maps of the Pavis Rubble

Dave R

Hi All,

My first post on here.

I'm running a Prax based campaign (old school RQ2) after returning to RQ after 30+ years.  I have the PDF of original RQ2 Pavis and the Big Rubble packs so have the map of the Rubble from there.  Has anyone produced more detailed maps of the Rubble and are these available to buy or download?  Particularly interested in the Griffin Gate area but more detail on the whole of the Rubble/Old city would be great too.

Many thanks,

Dave

There is loads more detail on the Real City in Old Pavis: The City that Time Forgot, volume 2 in @Ian A. Thomson's Pavis & Big Rubble Companion series, available from the Jonstown Compendium community content programme. I'm not aware of any more detailed (larger scale? more landmarks?) map of the Big Rubble, but that book has loads of good stuff (like everything else in the series).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Map of the Big Rubble from the boxed set is available from Chaosium's RedBubble store in a variety of print formats (but you already have it as a PDF).

Dario Corallo produced a beautiful colour version, which is also available from the Jonstown Compendium (digital only): The Big Rubble Campaign Map (50cm x 70cm)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a bunch of historical maps of Old Pavis in the HQ2 book Pavis: Gateway to Adventure which - while not at a better scale - gave you an idea of how the city in various parts looked when intact, allowing you to extrapolate how things in ruin may have inherited features sketched in the older maps.

Unfortunately, that book floats in trademark limbo along with the other HQ2 books, requiring a new layout with all mentions of HeroQuest (as a trademark) replaced by Questworlds. No idea whether Ebay or Amazon might have an affordable second hand hardcopy. Definitely worth it for covering the more recent history, introducing a number of characters, like Jorjera Latish (of 1625 in Jonstown).

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I have an online map of the Big Rubble with certain areas linked if you hover over them with a mouse. It has a lot of places marked from other publications, mainly from Ian Thomson's maps. It includes the Insula of the Waning Moon but not the Insula of the Rising Sun, I'll have to add it. I also need to look at Jonstown Compendium scenarios set in the Big Rubble to see if I can place the locations on the map.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here