MERRIE ENGLAND - The Age of Chivalry

Trifletraxor

Speaking of other supplements and the complementarity with 'Crusaders of the Amber Coast', is there any plan to update/expand 'Stupor Mundi' to BRP? The RQ supplement doesn't seem to be available anymore neither in print nor in PDF.

I believe that Deus Vult, apparently still available from Mongoose, <http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/legend/deus-vult-1.html>, is meant to fill that gap.

Simon, looking at the maps it doesn't seem to show anything for Wales and Scotland... but there is a map for Europe ( well, western europe ) am I missing something ?

No, we don't have maps of Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

This was a conscious decision, because at the time of Merrie England, these were vassal states and were generally problem-free. It was only in the hundred years afterwards when they became heavily fortified and started to cause problems.

After all, this is Merrie England, not Merrie Britain! :)

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

One can still find a book called Lionheart put out by Columbia Games that has a great foldout map of the same period which is of Harnic quality. It's a bit of a generic sourcebook for no system in particular. Some prose descriptiony bits and a large glossary/gazetteer that talks up every place listed on the map. Ireland, Scotland and Wales are amply covered on the map.

A non-gaming book that I have enjoyed nerding on the subject with is the Historical Atlas of Knights and Castles by Dr. Ian Barnes. It has lots of great maps that show things of minor import like the locations of castles and bishop's seats, though you may well have to cross-ref with other maps to isolate some locs. The Norman conquest of Wales and Ireland and the rise and fall of Anglo-Angevin fortunes in France are extensively covered.