RQG Alternate Character Creation book

borbetomagnus

I recall that there is at least one book on the Jonstown Compedium that offers an alternate character creation timeline which begins earlier than the one in the core RQG book. But I can't find it via any searches on the site. Does anyone know the title of this PDF? I keep failing my Lhankor Mhy search in the Great Jonstown Library Compendium!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, borbetomagnus said:

I recall that there is at least one book on the Jonstown Compedium that offers an alternate character creation timeline which begins earlier than the one in the core RQG book. But I can't find it via any searches on the site. Does anyone know the title of this PDF? I keep failing my Lhankor Mhy search in the Great Jonstown Library Compendium!

You probably mean this one: Early Family History

Depending on where you are campaigning, though there are a number of other works that offer character backgrounds that go back earlier including:

My Nochet: Adventurer's Guide (Esrolian and Nochet characters)

Tales of the Sun County Militia: vol 1 (Sun County characters)

I think the new Dorastor: Risklands book includes character generation, and my Edge of Empire book for Imther does (though both specialized parts of the Lunar Empire).

• Helpful 1

Supposedy IIRC, a 1625+ Prax book is in the works, at least that was mentioned in the upcoming publications list.   

Now that my own Sartar based campaign on Zoom is in 1630 ST. I actually need a timeline extension for chargen

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
put in upcoming publications link

11 minutes ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

Now that my own Sartar based campaign on Zoom is in 1630 ST. I actually need a timeline extension for chargen

I used this timeline to do the same, basing the results on equivalent events in earlier years https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/history-of-glorantha/timeline-dragonpass/1625-1630-the-liberation-of-sartar/

8 minutes ago, Jens said:

I used this timeline to do the same, basing the results on equivalent events in earlier years https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/history-of-glorantha/timeline-dragonpass/1625-1630-the-liberation-of-sartar/

So am I using it. but I am saying I need to make up 5 years of character or family history tables aligned with it.  And it is not really full of events with that granularity.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Spelling

1 minute ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

I need to make up 5 years of character ir family history tables aligned with it

Between the Guide, Guidebook, and KOS there are useful descriptions for most years. I pulled out a spreadsheet to map the years- ended up removing the earliest grandparent years, and shifting some of the PC event years to parent years (with reduced outcomes). Only needed to figure out 4 years' worth of events for the PCs.

• Like 1

If you want to use Quick Character Generation, Holiday Dorastor: Risklands summarises all the published Homelands, including ones from Jonstown Compendium, in simple one-page formats.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

All of these suggestions are very helpful. Thank you BRP forums!

My next question which is related to the OP -

I'm starting a new campaign (one of two RQG that will run concurrently with two different player groups, BTW) and I'm considering using the adventures in the RQG Starter Set. However, the first adventure, "A Rough Landing," assumes that one has played through the SoloQuest, "Battle of Dangerford," which takes place in 1625. Do you have suggestions about how I can run "A Rough Landing" but not have it tied to the Battle of Dangerford in 1625. Could I move Battle of Dangerford to occur in 1615 as a first battle that takes place in 1615, perhaps lead by someone other than Kallyr Starbrow? And then the Battle of Dangerford in 1625 could occur as is when we get to that year in the campaign, as the Second Battle of Dangerford? This is in a way sort of like how the Game Master Screen Pack has the "Return to Apple Lane" adventure.

Another thing of consequence - I will use The Broken Tower with the core rulebook's pregenerated characters as the first session to get everyone familiar with the game system and world of Glorantha. Then, those who do want to continue will create characters for the campaign, which will begin in 1615, as previously stated.