New Forum Organization

Trifletraxor

So! Some new forums and subforums have popped up.

This will be the structure the forums will be organized for the foreseeable future, but it will be dynamic:

"Basic Roleplaying" - allways on top.

"The Extended Family" - subforums:

(All the subforums in this section will be checked for postcount and activity each month, and their place in the forumtree adjusted)

- First the 4 forums for BRP-like game systems or settings containing with the highest number of posts.

- "More Games" - general RPG forum and space for all other active forums for BRP systems and settings.

-- "Inactive forums" - resting place for forums with minimal current activity.

"Other Forums" - allways at bottom

- "Alastor's Skull Inn"

Cheers,

Sverre.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

The site never looked better.

I was a little surprised to see Mongoose Matt as the moderator of a Legend forum here, though. It puts an end to my hope that he'd get kicked off the site, then would come back an hour later under a new but only slightly different name, only to be kicked off again and come back again, and get kicked off again, and come back again, and get kicked off again, and come back again...

Can't always get what you want though, I guess. shit.gif

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

I was a little surprised to see Mongoose Matt as the moderator of a Legend forum here, though. It puts an end to my hope that he'd get kicked off the site, then would come back an hour later under a new but only slightly different name, only to be kicked off again and come back again, and get kicked off again, and come back again, and get kicked off again, and come back again...

Thalaba, this kind of insider joke is not polite to those who have not been around for several years ;)

This forum is still "The Revenge of the Beetle", of course. It is just that Sverre decided that showing a morally superiour behaviour is the most cruel revenge.

Jokes aside, Mongoose Matt has gone a long way to look and behave more friendly to the extended community of d100 players, lately. No doubt. My only regret - I have already written this twice, but better repeat myself - is that he could have done this when his game still bore one of the traditional labels of d100. But this is not the most important thing, in the end.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Thalaba, this kind of insider joke is not polite to those who have not been around for several years ;)

Meh. I'm sure the newcomers won't begrudge the grognards from having an occasional chuckle about the old days. :)

Rude would be refusing to let them in on the joke after they asked.

Meh. I'm sure the newcomers won't begrudge the grognards from having an occasional chuckle about the old days. :)

Rude would be refusing to let them in on the joke after they asked.

With this statement, you have appointed yourself as "Chief Reminder of the Old Days".

Now go explain stuff to KingSkin.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

And what's with the beetles? Is that something to do with the numbers some people have in their sigs?

The Beetle refers to our friendly forum landlord and his past

adventures, but I do not know that story well enough to tell

it.

The numbers in the signature mean the ownership of a num-

bered copy of the limited "Edition Zero" of BRP, the test edi-

tion published before the Big Golden Book.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

What's the joke? And what's with the beetles?

Oh, it's not as interesting as some would have you believe. After MRQ1 was announced, the Mongoose forums were fairly crowed with RQ lovers wanting to see what it would be like. As news and previews were released, many of these people grew increasingly dissatisfied with what they saw, and some were quite vocal. There was a lot of arguing over rules minutiae and vision and so on, and eventually threads that had a lot of critical content started disappearing. As I recall the mods had quite a time trying to keep things from getting over-heated, while some grognards were throwing more wood on the fire. One of those more vocal in discussion was named (my memory slips a little here - was it 'The Beetle'?). He got banned, but what seemed like within minutes a guy named 'Banned Beetle' showed up, who also got banned. Then more kinds of beetle showed up and led the mods a merry chase. I think they finally gave up, and Trifletraxor was the last incarnation (I always assumed it's the latin genus of a particular beetle). He still refers to himself as the beetle, and you'll notice we have beetle smilies here! :b1:

But as humour goes it's probably a 'you had to be there' kind of thing - which I guess is why it remains an inside joke. :)

With this statement, you have appointed yourself as "Chief Reminder of the Old Days".
:7

He got banned, but what seemed like within minutes a guy named 'Banned Beetle' showed up, who also got banned. Then more kinds of beetle showed up and led the mods a merry chase. I think they finally gave up, and Trifletraxor was the last incarnation (I always assumed it's the latin genus of a particular beetle). He still refers to himself as the beetle, and you'll notice we have beetle smilies here! :b1:

Actually, Trifletraxor was my first nick on the forum, and Matt was gracious enough to un-ban it after I said pretty please with sugar on! O:)

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Oh, and I thought Trifletraxor was some sort of Scandihoovian vehicle for pulling large puddings.

It is actually more often used for pushing the pudding, it is normally

only used for pulling it when enough elks or reindeers can be recrui-

ted for this job. B-)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)