Hello

Posted (edited)

Greetings, I'm looking for people to converse in regards to being a Keeper/GM and how could I improve and use rules better in situations and general conversations about how to be a better and more fun Keeper/GM

Let me know on all what if's and we can chat on discord or anywhere where it is right

very new on this forum please be kind

Edited by Aknaj
English is low
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 11:50 AM, Mister Wonderful said:

Hi Aknaj - what is your mothertongue ? Might be helpful if you find someone sharing your first language.

Greeting, my native language is Latvian. It sounds very strange to those who dont know so I use it as an ancient language that is used by cults that are using spells or chanting.

• Like 5

On 5/21/2024 at 7:48 PM, Aknaj said:

Greeting, my native language is Latvian. It sounds very strange to those who dont know so I use it as an ancient language that is used by cults that are using spells or chanting.

You are going to fit in great! I’m a modestly skilled Keeper at best and though I recently purchased 7th edition, I know 6th edition better. What questions do you have? Somebody here will likely be able to help, though given varying member time zones there might be a delay in getting answers.

Also what RPGs (if any) do you play? A lot of people come to Call of Cthulhu (CoC) from Dungeons & Dragons and get a shock as play between the two systems is pretty different, particularly in tone. 

Finally, I would search out Call of Cthulhu podcasts by Seth Skorkowsy on YouTube. He is extremely knowledgeable of RPGs in  general and his “how to” videos are the most helpful I have seen. Here is a link to his podcast on how to run horror games -> 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!