Available now: Dark Side of the Moon & The Zero Wane

Nick Brooke

Dark Side of the Moon is a collection of Lunar apocrypha compiled by the authors of the Platinum best-seller A Rough Guide to Glamour, lavishly illustrated throughout by award-winning Cults of RuneQuest artist Katrin Dirim.

Inside you will find:

• Seven Mothers Cult Variants by Mike Hagen (Danfive Xaron & Jakaleel the Witch) and Nick Brooke (Yanafal Tarnils), expanding on material previously published in Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine.
  • The Zero Wane by Katrin Dirim, illustrating ten key events from the early History of the Lunar Empire (as detailed in the Glorantha Sourcebook). These illustrations are available in a print-on-demand artbook, The Zero Wane.
  • The Seleric Verses by Chris Gidlow, a literary work of great notoriety whose heretical author imputes human motives and desires to the divine Mothers of the Red Goddess, previously published in three issues of Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine.
  • White Moon & Blue Fox by Jeff Erwin, the apocryphal tales of a Princess from the Red Moon and her talking animal companion's picaresque journeys through the fallen Lunar Empire of the Fourth Wane; a trove of related materials explore the puppet-shows of Torang and the Fox Cult found at Moonbroth Oasis.
  • Seven Sayings of Sedenya by Margaret Gill, an inspiring educational tract which guides readers to explore the deeper meaning of the Lunar Way.
  • The Life of Sedenya by Greg Stafford, gloriously illuminated with a dozen devotional artworks by Katrin Dirim, tells the story of the many lives, rebirths and divine quests of the Red Goddess.

and more besides…

But wait, there's more!

A5.TeeloNorriinHell900px.png.df0352e956cdb9d99ff2dca23f21b166.png

The Zero Wane: Early Lunar Art from Blessed Torang is a premium-quality, large-format version of award-winning Cults of RuneQuest artist Katrin Dirim's intricate original artwork, commissioned by Nick Brooke, Chris Gidlow and Mike Hagen for the Jonstown Compendium 2024 release Dark Side of the Moon.

This US Letter landscape-format book presents ten key events from the early History of the Lunar Empire (as detailed in the Glorantha Sourcebook) as 8.5 x 22 inch high-resolution double-page spreads (NB: in the print edition of Dark Side of the Moon they will be 5.5 x 17 inches).

The Zero Wane was the 27-year period in the early Third Age of Glorantha between the rebirth of the Red Goddess and the rise of the Red Moon. In the city of Torang a new religion called the Lunar Way was founded in rebellion against the oppressive Carmanian Empire, allied itself with strange powers and ancient empires and overthrew all opposition to win its rightful place in the Cosmic Compromise against the blinkered opposition of the Old Gods.

To learn more about these blessed events, pick up the Glorantha Sourcebook, Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way, the Guide to Glorantha and now Dark Side of the Moon!

A8.FourArrowsofLight900px.png.4c85a6fcb417e0f3144d0e0272f9c20b.png 

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 12
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

Probably why I didn't realize that the Zero Wane POD option was available! (And apparently for quite awhile).

Thanks, @Jason Farrell. That’s due to a quirk of the way DriveThruRPG counts product incept dates. The first printed copies of “The Zero Wane” were ordered (for contributors to “Dark Side of the Moon” and our best mates) back in late 2023, so that’s when the site thinks the book went on sale (although it didn’t.)

It only became available to the public this morning. But it’s not listed as a brand-new print product because of that history.

I brought seven slightly duff prints (which had a texture applied behind the artwork) to Chaosium Con 2024. The version that’s now on sale doesn’t have that texture. I think this version looks better, and the seven original prints are unique collectible items.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

It only became available to the public this morning. But it’s not listed as a brand-new print product because of that history.

I brought seven slightly duff prints (which had a texture applied behind the artwork) to Chaosium Con 2024. The version that’s now on sale doesn’t have that texture. I think this version looks better, and the seven original prints are unique collectible items.

Great! Glad to know I hadn't missed something I should have had months ago. 🙂 Yet another work to get on order... 

Dark Side of the Moon looks great. Picked up earlier today and only had a brief chance to skim but love the artwork (always love Katrin's pieces and both the cover and Antonia's pieces fit perfectly). It's really nice to have all these Lunar pieces assembled in one place and looking forward to reading through the whole work (and see what I didn't pick up on before!).