RQ6 Supplements

silent_bob

I think Loz has already said that the next two planned supplements are

Monster Island and Book of Quests.

MI seems to be a combination of S&S style bestiary with a sandbox style background.

BoQ seems to be a linked set of S&S scenarios that can be played as stand-alones or as part of a campaign.

I don't know about the rest but you can pretty much take any MRQII (or Legend) supplement and run it as is under RQ6. Magic is about the only thing that has significant differences (e.g. MRQ2 Divine Pacts needing dedicated POW) but even them can simply be either updated on the fly (ignore the missing MPs) or simply run as is.

Deleriad is right.

We have 'Monster Island' and 'Book of Quests' in the pipeline for publication.

Next year will see Mythics Greece, Briton and Constantinople, plus out mysterious licensed title (which isn't Groo). Not sure when a Glorantha book will appear; it may be 2014 or it may be earlier.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I realize it's probably in draft stage at best, but I'm sure you have some idea of the general nature of the thing, so: is Mythic Britain going to be closer to Pre-Roman Britain, Roman Britain, Sub-Roman Britain, or Norman Britain? Something that dabbles in a bit of all of it, like Harn (which is still mostly Norman Britain, as far as I'm concerned)? Or would it be more toolkit-ish and have suggestions on all of them? I mostly ask because pre-Norman is what rolls my dice, so to speak, the stuff before castles and codified laws and the capital-C Church, which I feel has been done to death in one way or another in every conceivable aspect of gaming, not least of all in FRPGs- though of course Glorantha is one of the few "non-Earth" fantasy settings that doesn't have that Castles & Chivalry feel all over it. (Not to mention I think pre-Norman Britain fits much better with the general Ancient feel of RQ, and the cults/magic systems, etc. far better than the chronologically later options.)

On the other hand I realize we have the most concrete knowledge of Norman Britain, and plenty of stories that probably SHOULD be pre-Norman (like King Arthur) have survived to us in Norman form, so that we have such incredible things as King Arthur taking Catholic mass, etc. ingrained in our collective consciousnesses. I'll be getting it (Mythic Britain) no matter what period it covers, but my lust for more information is INSATIABLE!

Here's a reply I posted on the Design Mechanism website in response to a similar question about Mythic Briton...

Mythic Briton will be hard-core, Dark Ages Briton and quite far removed from Pendragon and Alephtar's books. Think Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles: grime, fleas, blood, druids, Saxons, feuds, superstition, paganism vs an emerging Christianity. Think Vortigern's betrayal of the Celts by inviting the Saxons into the country. Think rebellion and war by the eastern warlords. Think of a Briton abandoned by Rome to its fate.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Great!

My buddy wants to get his Thor on by running a Norse themed game in RQ6.

Would the MRQ2 Vikings pack be better or BRP Mythic Iceland?

I think Loz has already said that the next two planned supplements are

Monster Island and Book of Quests.

MI seems to be a combination of S&S style bestiary with a sandbox style background.

BoQ seems to be a linked set of S&S scenarios that can be played as stand-alones or as part of a campaign.

I don't know about the rest but you can pretty much take any MRQII (or Legend) supplement and run it as is under RQ6. Magic is about the only thing that has significant differences (e.g. MRQ2 Divine Pacts needing dedicated POW) but even them can simply be either updated on the fly (ignore the missing MPs) or simply run as is.

My buddy wants to get his Thor on by running a Norse themed game in RQ6.

Would the MRQ2 Vikings pack be better or BRP Mythic Iceland?

For direct compatibility MRQ2 Vikings will be the easiest to use as it was written with the same stats and combat mechanics in mind, whilst the magic is a unique plug-in system which will slot right into RQ6. Mythic Iceland on the other hand will probably have far more historical and regional depth (unfortunately I don't have a copy to know for sure). Sadly I was only given a month to write Vikings, which is reflected in its broad overviews.

Other considerations in Mythic Iceland's favour are a number of pre-written scenarios which will allow a GM to hit the floor running. However, as the pdf of MRQ2 Vikings is only $1 on DriveThru, I'd heartily recommend purchasing both! ;)

For direct compatibility MRQ2 Vikings will be the easiest to use as it was written with the same stats and combat mechanics in mind, whilst the magic is a unique plug-in system which will slot right into RQ6. Mythic Iceland on the other hand will probably have far more historical and regional depth (unfortunately I don't have a copy to know for sure). Sadly I was only given a month to write Vikings, which is reflected in its broad overviews.

Other considerations in Mythic Iceland's favour are a number of pre-written scenarios which will allow a GM to hit the floor running. However, as the pdf of MRQ2 Vikings is only $1 on DriveThru, I'd heartily recommend purchasing both! ;)

That was a very diplomatic answer Mr. Nash :)

He has purchased Vikings and I can look forward to going berserk in his game.

Edited by silent_bob