Classic Fantasy Questions...

dawnrazor

Just bought BRP and I love it. Maybe I'll go back to one system again...(got burned on generic systems with GURPS a long time ago).

Anyway, this classic fantasy stuff looks interesting and I have some questions:

1. Are the book available in print?

2. I've seen talk about Classic Fantasy II and III. Were they ever published?

Thanks

/a.

Sanity Zer∅ - Call of Cthulhu & d100 horror gaming

Nerd-O-Mancer of Dork - Old School Fantasy gaming

Welcome to BRP!

My opinion of the Classic Fantasy stuff is very high. It takes D&D and does it right. Really lovely system and the author is great.

Hard copies of Chaosium's monographs will occasionally disappear from their website when they get sold out. Generally, I assume, Chaosium restocks them and up goes the hard copy again. In the link soltakss provided, the author says he is exploring porting Classic Fantasy to a new publisher/system. I think this is a smart move, but am uncertain whether this means that Chaosium will not be restocking their hard copy of Classic Fantasy.

70/420

Thanks guys! Actually, I'm not new to BRP in the sense that I've played RQ (from RQ2 to MRQ2) and CoC a lot. But I'm also a fan of old-school D&D (Classic and AD&D1e and 2e). Love the D&D adventures and settings, but I'm not so fond of the rules. Thus - D&D with BRP rules would be my cup of tea :)

There's no hard copy version on Chaosium's site at the moment, only the PDF. I guess I'll have to wait, then...

And hi there Soltakss. I'm "drdentista" over at the Mongoose forums :) I believe we've discussed some things before...

Sanity Zer∅ - Call of Cthulhu & d100 horror gaming

Nerd-O-Mancer of Dork - Old School Fantasy gaming

Love the D&D adventures and settings, but I'm not so fond of the rules. Thus - D&D with BRP rules would be my cup of tea :)

It does a bang up job of it! I popped around to ebay and amazon and some rpg resellers and I'm not seeing CF right now. I have seen it on ebay and noble knight games in the past though.

70/420

Thanks guys! Actually, I'm not new to BRP in the sense that I've played RQ (from RQ2 to MRQ2) and CoC a lot. But I'm also a fan of old-school D&D (Classic and AD&D1e and 2e). Love the D&D adventures and settings, but I'm not so fond of the rules. Thus - D&D with BRP rules would be my cup of tea :)

There's no hard copy version on Chaosium's site at the moment, only the PDF. I guess I'll have to wait, then...

And hi there Soltakss. I'm "drdentista" over at the Mongoose forums :) I believe we've discussed some things before...

I just laser printed my CF book, double sided and put it into a 3-ring binder. Works great.