Movement CoC/Magic World to BRP

pansophy

Great table! Very useful.

I don't know why there are these differences. MW movement rates come from Elric! and are identical to those in CoC. I think they originate from RQ2 movement rates. RQ3 movement rates are completely different and BRP ones are neither those in RQ3 nor those in RQ2/CoC/Elric!/MV.

Perhaps you could expand the table including a column for RQ3 movement rates.

I have to verify, but I think RQ3 gives Movement in meters per Strike Rank, which would be 30m for a human, which would be the same as in BRP. But you are right, I could add a table for RQ3 to make things easier. Tomorrow. ;)

Yup I think you are right, MOV 3 in RQ3 = MOV 10 in BRP. It is with BRP 10 = MW/Elric! 8 that it gets tricky.

Updated the file, so it now shows RQ3 Movement to BRP. But be careful, RQ3 movement is not as granular and can give ridiculous values. Use them as a reference only. I think some creatures in RQ3 were just not done right. ;)

Nevertheless, the RQ3 table is quiet useful and speeds up gameplay. Have fun with it! ;)

It looks good, but is a little confusing.

What would be really useful is a combination of the tables, showing the MW/CoC/BRP/RQ3/RQ2/Legend/RQ6 movements and how they relate to each other, a little like the Coc/BRP and RQ3/BRP tables. The distances aren't that important to me, except perhaps metres per round, but a comparison of all of them would be very useful.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

What is "miles"? ;) seriously, about 12 miles an hour movement? That seems way too fast for me. Maybe running speed, but not walking.

Sorry, mad bad.

I should have said that is running speed, this also means that we can create real world sprinters like Usain Bolt.