Is there a RQIII retro-clone?

ilexgarodan

BGB was more Stormbringer than RQ3, but a lot of the optional rules are like RQ3.

If you wanted to do a retro-clone from the MRQI or Legend SRDs then it would certainly be possible. I wouldn't keep Sorcery and Fatigue the same, personally, but the rest of the rules should hold up well. The magic systems are virtually the same anyway, as are skill rules (to an extent), so combat would be the main thing to change.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

BGB was more Stormbringer than RQ3, but a lot of the optional rules are like RQ3.

If you wanted to do a retro-clone from the MRQI or Legend SRDs then it would certainly be possible. I wouldn't keep Sorcery and Fatigue the same, personally, but the rest of the rules should hold up well. The magic systems are virtually the same anyway, as are skill rules (to an extent), so combat would be the main thing to change.

Though as the original poster posited, the d100II SRD would be more in line for this type of clone.

SDLeary

Guest Vile Traveller

I guess the Chaosium BRP monographs (Basic Magic, etc.) together qualify as an RQ3 retro clone, as they are just RQ3 with Glorantha excised. Most retro clones have better production, though. >:>

I should note I haven't actually seen the content, I'm just going by hearsay. I don't know if they contain the whole of the rules.

Maybe one day there will be a D100III SRD. ;)

The monographs are / were the text of RQIII - I can't see the players book as either print or PDF though, and my memory is that it was only ever released as a "Mk1" tape bound monograph back in 2004...

Cheers,

Nick.

The Players Book was pulled just after the BGB came out. Luckily I have a few copies of RQ3 around here.

SDLeary