Last chance to get The Book of Glorious Joy

Newt

Last chance to buy The Book of Glorious Joy, Jamie ‘Trotsky’ Revell’s fan version of the Gloranthan West with a focus on the Kingdom of Loskalm.

As of the end of this month it will no longer be available. Currrently heavily discounted in both print and pdf on DriveThruRPG.com

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/9 ... orious-Joy

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

There's a variety of reasons I'm not going to go into publically, none of which are sinister by the way, which add up to the fact that I simply don't want to publish either the Book of Glorious Joy & The Company (and the narrative game Worlds of Wordplay) anymore.

Both titles have had their day, sales are virtually zero now, and by droping them I'm focusing my energies on the other titles I publish or new titles I'm about to publish :)

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

Funnily enough, I was going to buy The Book of Glorious Joy next month, after payday, but your announcement forced me to buy the PDF early.

So, sales might have been ticking along.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Both titles have had their day, sales are virtually zero now, and by dropping them I'm focusing my energies on the other titles I publish or new titles I'm about to publish.

But if you've already done the heavy lifting (writing, editing, layout, art, etc.), why not let them sit eternally in your catalog, waiting for whomever might have come late to the party to purchase them via POD or PDF?  Now, if DriveThru is charging you for space on its website to advertise them, I can see why you might want to trim profit "under-producers."

Re:  The Company, It just seems to me that modern military RPGs using any game system are few and far between.  Phoenix Command (own system)  is ancient RPG history.  Combat! (Action! System) is long gone.  Your game might be the go-to selection by default.  ;)   Why let the G.I. Joe RPG (Fuzion, a free product) get all the guts and glory?