Adding some MRQ elements to BRP

Tywyll

Wouldn't you pay 30-odd quid for it? With the dollar as it is, that's the price including postage to order it direct off Chaosium - and you'd have it in two weeks. But there's less than a hundred Ed.Zero's left...

Not when, hopefully, it will be out next month. If it were going to be a six month wait, then maybe. I'm impatient, but not that impatient.

Ah, I believe I misunderstood the question a bit.

The extra attacks for 100%+ weapon skills excepted, my understanding is there's few if any additional abilities that are unlocked by heroic skill levels. Personally, I don't want there to be anything beyond the pass/fail, but if you do, grafting in MRQ's heroic abilities is indeed probably your best bet.

Out of curiosity, why not? Do you not allow multiple attacks for combat skills over 100% (which is essentially the exact same thing)?

If we have a special (even if there is only one) in combat applications, why shouldn't non-combat applications also benefit?

Mythic Russia is well worth getting, for the atmosphere, the streamlined HeroQuest rules, for the background and the look and feel. It's storytelling gaming but with a really hard edge to it and should appeal to all kinds of gamers.

Is it published by Mongoose or someone else?

Oops, I see you said Heroquest, not runequest.

I like the rule in MRQ where you get 1-5 skill improvement rolls per game . This prevent people from trying to use skills during a game just to get a skill improvement role . Will wait till I get book to make further comments but I do prefer a rather weaker magic system like that traditionally been in RQ to a more powerful one I have seen in Worlds of wonder.

Out of curiosity, why not? Do you not allow multiple attacks for combat skills over 100% (which is essentially the exact same thing)?

If we have a special (even if there is only one) in combat applications, why shouldn't non-combat applications also benefit?

Basically, I don't like them because they add complexity. I'm not particularly fond of multiple attacks, but at least they don't add much in the way of additional mechanics.

The black rivers of pitch that flow under those mysterious cyclopean bridges - things built by some elder race extinct and forgotten before the beings came to Yuggoth from the ultimate voids - ought to be enough to make any man a Dante or Poe if he can keep sane long enough to tell what he has seen.

One area where I do hope they are close together is in cost of basic equipment. MRQ now has a pretty large amount of supplements that list equipment now and would like to not have to go converting prices from one book to another.

:lol: Um, er... Well, there shouldn't be any conflict at all! :innocent:

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

One area where I do hope they are close together is in cost of basic equipment. MRQ now has a pretty large amount of supplements that list equipment now and would like to not have to go converting prices from one book to another.

So, there shouldn't be a problem with prices for a horse in Medieval Iceland or one in Ancient Rome or one in the Wild West or in Glorantha or in the Young Kingdoms.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Nope - all are "Average".

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.