RQ on Roll20

Darmath

Hello, all...

This is my first post on these forums. here's my question: I'm interested in playing in or GM'ing in a RQ game on Roll20. So, there are two sub-questions... first, are there any Roll20 RQ campaigns that have an opening? Second, if not, is anyone here interested in playing something I would start?

Chris Klug

• Like 2

Baron

I've been using Roll20 for 18 months... it has changed my gaming life. I'm a big fan, and I run a 13th Age campaign on it now, but really want to play RQ again. I ran a RQ3 campaign for 25 years, so that is the version I am most familiar with. Although I used Sandy's revised sorcery rules, to be sure. I am interested in any version -- 2, 3 or 6 -- but not Mongoose. It could be Glorantha, or it could be non-Glorantha; that isn't critical to me.

• Like 1

I keep looking for RQ games on Roll20 but haven't seen any lately.
I was in one RQ6 group there that only went a few sessions before it mysteriously stopped... so yeah, if you started one I'd be very interested. My preference is non-Glorantha but it doesn't matter that much.

18 hours ago, Baron said:

Welcome. Roll20 is a great site to game on. I've used it as both a player and a GM. I don't have a lot of free time for gaming, so I don't know if I can join you, but I'm curious as to which version of RQ you're interested in.

Baron, it seems like we might be getting a group together. Might you like to sit in on occasion?

20 hours ago, Darmath said:

I ran a RQ3 campaign for 25 years, so that is the version I am most familiar with. Although I used Sandy's revised sorcery rules, to be sure. I am interested in any version -- 2, 3 or 6 -- but not Mongoose. It could be Glorantha, or it could be non-Glorantha; that isn't critical to me.

What was that campaign like?
On the other hand, I would like to see/read the new game on Roll20. Is that possible?

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

3 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

What was that campaign like?
On the other hand, I would like to see/read the new game on Roll20. Is that possible?

I can send you the intro docs and map if you wish. I recently re-booted it to run in 13th Age (as a way of prepping for the release of 13th Age in Glorantha), so I have a recent edit. The summary is that it was heavily influenced by Greg's mythic vision of Glorantha (bronze age world of myths and gods; shamanism; polytheistic; based loosely on real Earth Mesopotamia meets Melnibone). As for the new game, I'm not quite sure yet; the idea is 24 hours old. But, when we start, you can attend or watch or be sent the docs. Any of the above. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Darmath said:

I can send you the intro docs and map if you wish. I recently re-booted it to run in 13th Age (as a way of prepping for the release of 13th Age in Glorantha), so I have a recent edit. The summary is that it was heavily influenced by Greg's mythic vision of Glorantha (bronze age world of myths and gods; shamanism; polytheistic; based loosely on real Earth Mesopotamia meets Melnibone). As for the new game, I'm not quite sure yet; the idea is 24 hours old. But, when we start, you can attend or watch or be sent the docs. Any of the above. 

Yes, if the docs are a chronicle or something similar, I'd be delighted to read them. You can send them and the map to the email you can see on my profile. I would also like to watch the game, so keep me informed, please! :-)

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

9 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

Yes, if the docs are a chronicle or something similar, I'd be delighted to read them. You can send them and the map to the email you can see on my profile. I would also like to watch the game, so keep me informed, please! :-)

I will, surely.

8 hours ago, auyl said:

Eastern Standard

Ah, so am I. That will make things easier. Look for an email from me on Saturday or Sunday. I'll be outlining the current plan (which is subject to input from the players). Then you can decide when or if you want to go forward.