Time to Harvest: Miniatures

I'm prepping minis for running the game. Professors and the mi-go are no problem, but I'm finding very few college-student minis, and I could use more 20s-era townsfolk. Any of you have links to some good prospects? I have lots of Pulp Figures and Call of Cthulhu minis. I might search out more of the extended line of Mansions of Madness figures, too.

Thanks for those links. I have a bunch of the RAFM and some of the Copplestone (some of which are on the paint table even now), but the Artizan are new to me. That'll help a lot.

Edited by Dave
On 4/2/2016 at 4:46 PM, Dave said:

I'm finding very few college-student minis, and I could use more 20s-era townsfolk. 

In addition to the Arkham horror miniatures, I'm also partial to Heroclix (rebased onto these). Some examples of students include:

Other favorites include:

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2016 at 1:19 PM, Dave said:

They're one of the townsfolk sets: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/nerd%20chick%20jock/sku-down/50090

Thanks for the Clix list. I hadn't considered them before, but it makes perfect sense. 

Dave,

Thanks for the Nerd, Chick, Jock link.  I always need minis of normal people.

Might want to look at:

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/BG-MWC001-Bystanders-I-aka-Civilians-5_p_415.html

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/Jessica-Female-Scientist-recording-experiment_p_1052.html

Also, I wish I could remember where I got this set.  I use them for “the normal people on the street who get caught in the middle when horrible things happen.”

20160422_123851.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What the world needs is VTT tokens for Call of Cthulhu; I found one of Cthulhu himself but everything else I have had to substitute something else, like a froghemoth from D&D (pretty Lovecraftian) or just use a 2d picture as a token.  So far running CofC on roll20, ends up being more theatre of the mind anyway for me, but in the few instances I used a battle map I'd have loved to have some tokens that match, rather than using a treant for a Dark Young for example. 

• 3 months later...

Hey, thanks for these suggestions. Just ordered the batch of 100 0-scale people, and 100 black plastic chips to base them, from ebay for about $14! Now, shipping to me on a slow boat from China, it'll be some weeks before they arrive. But I'll have a whole slew of figures for Call o' Cthulhu!

Edited by Baron
typo
  • Like 2
On 1/19/2017 at 8:50 AM, morganhua said:

I found pennies $1 for 100 is cheaper than the plastic chips as mini bases.

I've use those before too (good bargain). Still, pennies are 3/4 inch (while 7/8 inch chips are closer to the standard 1 inch base size used with map grids). Also, there was the aesthetics and ease of use (i.e. a bag full of penny based plastic minis tended to become debased quickly).

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...