The Pavis Plan

David Scott

On 10/2/2024 at 5:06 PM, Ian A. Thomson said:

At the time Greg and I were talking, he said that Pavis was an initiate of Issaries Conciliator, and I have a feeling I've seen somewhere else written that he worshipped Issaries, but maybe not. Greg also said that Pavis was based in that cult originally, but then moved on to study less conventional things (for the 1610s/20s) in the EWF. As people mention, Greg has Gregged himself various times, so this is just what he told me as part of our Gran Plan backdrop at that time.

I think a link to Issaries Conciliator makes sense for Pavis, but I suspect he has more tricks up his sleeve than that.  I would be very surprised if Pavis wasn't a Draconic illuminate.  Whether he used such powers and how much he used them remains subject to debate.  I also suspect that he was trained in sorcery.  I am not going to suggest that these traditions supported each other, except that if you want more power to achieve your ambitions, it helps to be an illuminate of any stripe, and sorcery can do things divine and spirit magic can't.  I think it is also pretty clear that Pavis was well versed with the Mostali and their style of sorcery, as there are a lot of dwarves in his story, and the Faceless Statue is likely a huge "army surplus" Jolanti from the Gods' War.  

I am of the opinion that Pavis was likely in frequent contact with Delecti, back when he was just a Godlearner dissident hiding out in the EWF and making perverse surgical vivisculptures.  I mean, Pavis came to the EWF to study, and his curriculum does contain sorcery, and the Jrusteli did settle Robcradle first.  It makes sense.  It also provides a reason for there to be so many vampires in the Big Rubble.  Delecti sent them to help his old student and friend Pavis fight off the trolls and nomads.  There wouldn't be so many people around from the EFW who survived the Dragonkill and stayed immortal, after all.  They are likely both illuminates, and prepared to make allowances for each others' life choices.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Darius West said:

, but I suspect he has more tricks up his sleeve than that. 

Oh absolutely. Greg also mentioned to take a look at Gurdjieff. Not for exact parallels, but for inspiration for elements of his background

• Thanks 2

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

1 hour ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

Oh absolutely. Greg also mentioned to take a look at Gurdjieff. Not for exact parallels, but for inspiration for elements of his background

Thank you. As close as it gets to confirming another piece of that draconic / esoteric Issaries puzzle, which is to say, "good enough."

aissor-4.png.db6df0152c9534015bae498c7a7f3d5b.png

• Like 2

singer sing me a given