Cult compatibility charts

hkokko

Looking for cult compatibilities information. Does the Cult compatibility chart at Cult Compendium contain all the information known (in that format) or is there additional cults in any other publications or net. Several cults are missing there for example Ernalda, Eurmal... that chart contains 43 cults and I am looking for many more. I can start to extrapolate from that information but would like to first consider all the available material.  I am looking for information in the form of "

Flintnail considers these as

Enemy Cults: Krarsht, Kyger Litor, Primal Chaos

Hostile Cults: Bagog, Cacodemon, Crimson Bat, Lanbril, Mallia, Storm Bull, Thanatar, Thed, Vivamort, Waha, Xiola Umbar, Zorak Zoran

Friendly Cults: Caladra & Aurelion, Chalana Arroy, Geo, Issaries, Lhankor Mhy, Zola Fel

Associated Cults: Pavis

I tried to do this, but there are so many RQ3 cults that it made it quite fiddly.

What I did was to put each cult into a pantheon and had default relationships between the pantheons, then I made adjustments for individual cults.

So, Eurmal is in the Storm pantheon, so would by default be Associated to Lightbringers, Friendly to other Storm Pantheon cults, Hostile to Solar and Darkness Cults and Enemy to Chaos, with other cults as Neutral, however I would then fiddle with certain cults, upping some and reducing others, so Eurmal is friendly to Thief cults, so Eurmal and Black fang would be Friendly, Krarsht would be Hostile not Enemy as Eurmal feels some affinity for Krarsht thievery.

Ernalda is in both Storm and Earth Pantheons, so would be Associate to many Earth cults, Friendly to all Lightbringers and Solar cults and Enemy to Darkness and Chaos. Orlanth becomes an Asociate cult, all the other Husband Protectors become Associate cults, any daughter of Ernalda becomes Associate, many Earth cults become Associate, the others become Friendly, Darkness cults are Enemy (Earth) and Hostile (Storm), so I would allocate these on a case by case basis.

The problem is, with a matrix of 100 cults you get a very complex set of relationships.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Currently RQG these has cults in the compatibility chart :

Argan Argar, Babeester, Gor, Chalana Arroy, Daka Fal, Eiritha, Engizi, Ernalda, Eurmal, Foundchild ,Humakt, Issaries, Lhankor Mhy, Maran Gor, Odayla, Orlanth,  Seven Mothers, Storm Bull, Waha, Yelm, Yelmalio, Yinkin. But you're going to have to wait. Also remember that the charts aren't always symmetrical, so although Black Fang might be friendly to Eurmal, Eurmal maybe neutral to Black Fang.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

I tried to do this, but there are so many RQ3 cults that it made it quite fiddly.

What I did was to put each cult into a pantheon and had default relationships between the pantheons, then I made adjustments for individual cults.

So, Eurmal is in the Storm pantheon, so would by default be Associated to Lightbringers, Friendly to other Storm Pantheon cults, Hostile to Solar and Darkness Cults and Enemy to Chaos, with other cults as Neutral, however I would then fiddle with certain cults, upping some and reducing others, so Eurmal is friendly to Thief cults, so Eurmal and Black fang would be Friendly, Krarsht would be Hostile not Enemy as Eurmal feels some affinity for Krarsht thievery.

Ernalda is in both Storm and Earth Pantheons, so would be Associate to many Earth cults, Friendly to all Lightbringers and Solar cults and Enemy to Darkness and Chaos. Orlanth becomes an Asociate cult, all the other Husband Protectors become Associate cults, any daughter of Ernalda becomes Associate, many Earth cults become Associate, the others become Friendly, Darkness cults are Enemy (Earth) and Hostile (Storm), so I would allocate these on a case by case basis.

The problem is, with a matrix of 100 cults you get a very complex set of relationships.

Do you have any vestiges of this work that you would like to share. Am embarking on a quest to do this and could use some help (=build on shoulders of a giant)

5 hours ago, hkokko said:

Do you have any vestiges of this work that you would like to share. Am embarking on a quest to do this and could use some help (=build on shoulders of a giant)

I had a look and can't find any spreadsheets or HTML regarding this, so probably gave up. I have some conversions of ILH2 and CoG Cults which show what I think the Associate Cults are, if that helps. Also, some Associate Cults are at My converted Hero Wars cults but they might be hard to extract.

Let me know/PM me your email if you want the conversions.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

46 minutes ago, soltakss said:

I had a look and can't find any spreadsheets or HTML regarding this, so probably gave up. I have some conversions of ILH2 and CoG Cults which show what I think the Associate Cults are, if that helps. Also, some Associate Cults are at My converted Hero Wars cults but they might be hard to extract.

Let me know/PM me your email if you want the conversions.

PM sent

• 1 year later...

Few questions about compatibility of Fonritan cults before I branch out on my own research and invention

How is the relationship between Ompalam, Garangordos, Orjethulut, Ennung, Calari, Hanjethulut, Evuindu, Karkisso, Fida'ls, Jokotu, Ikadz, El-Jazuli with the Storm Pantheon cults in Umathela

How about between the Ompalam pantheon and the chaos cults. 

How about between the Pamalt and Ompalam pantheons

What would be the relationship of Pamalt, Bolongo, Rasout with the Storm Pantheon cults in Umathela

4 hours ago, hkokko said:

How is the relationship between Ompalam, Garangordos, Orjethulut, Ennung, Calari, Hanjethulut, Evuindu, Karkisso, Fida'ls, Jokotu, Ikadz, El-Jazuli with the Storm Pantheon cults in Umathela

The Fonritans would generally be hostile to the Storm Gods of Umathela and vice versa.

The Battling Brothers would care about anybody else except each other.

Jokutu would be upset at being grouped as part of the Fonritan Gods as he is hostile to them.

How about between the Ompalam pantheon and the chaos cults. 

Ompalam is cited as a supporter of Vovisibor and so would be friendly to Gark, Seseine, Ikadz and Pocharngo in Gods of Glorantha.  How Pocharngo would work within Fonritan society, I have no idea.  Note that until recently, I think the majority of Fonritans didn't know that Gods of the Fonritans were chaotic until the Vadeli showed them.  Now they are grappling with the idea and they have not arrived at a solution.

As for other chaotic cults, such as Malia and Krarsht, the Fonritans would tolerate them based on how useful they would be to the Rulers.  

How about between the Pamalt and Ompalam pantheons

Strong dislike.  That said there is a cult of Pamalt that appears to have been retrieved from the ruins of Tishamto.  This would be different from other Pamalt cults in Fonrit and on the Veldt and so would be tolerable.

What would be the relationship of Pamalt, Bolongo, Rasout with the Storm Pantheon cults in Umathela

Gods of Glorantha (AH version) has Pamalt describe Orlanth as a big bully and I think that would not change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1