a talking gorp

GamingGlen

Now I know what a talking intelligent(?) gorp looks and sounds like.

I am referring to the blob-like Yaphit character voiced by Norm McDonald on the sci-fi show The Orville.    :D

(yeah yeah, could be off topic, but I am referring to a creature/thing from Glorantha, so perhaps any discussion could stay there and not talk about the show, excepting where the character Yaphit as a gorp might be concerned.  Besides, I didn't see an off topic section).

• Like 1

It is an intelligent blob, most likely for the comedic effect.  Elsewhere someone wondered it if could be expanded upon as a definite non-humanoid species, but supposedly the CGI for it is expensive.  In one episode It was introduced during a ship tour in the engineering section.  So any such type of creature could be very useful in some mechanical can-reach-anything sort of way.

You think the Mostali could or would use such a creature, if it wasn't chaotic?    Although most likely it would gum up the World Machine. ;) Would the Lunars make use of one, outside of an execution pit?  

1 hour ago, GamingGlen said:

You think the Mostali could or would use such a creature, if it wasn't chaotic?    Although most likely it would gum up the World Machine. ;) Would the Lunars make use of one, outside of an execution pit?  

No, not Mostali - too 'organic'.  Could be a by-product of Mostali waste though.

Would Lunars use? - certainly seems like a rather mind-warping type of being, so yes.

22 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

Now I know what a talking intelligent(?) gorp looks and sounds like.

I had a talking gorp in Dorastor, with the Chaos Feature "Sounds Extremely Dangerous", basically it told the deepest secrets of anyone it met, even though it was unintelligent and had no comprehension of what it said. It even told secrets known by no other, "Brankist, aren't you having a torrid affair with Solarus' wife? Bolgar, do they know you killed your best friend and bound his spirit into his own skin? Derak, aren't you illuminated?".

I am referring to the blob-like Yaphit character voiced by Norm McDonald on the sci-fi show The Orville.    :D

There's a sci-fi show about Orville? Does he wish he could fly?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here