Petersen's Abominations has been unleashed in PDF!

MOB

Gathered from across the aeons, Petersen's Abominations brings together is a collection of modern day scenarios from the twisted imagination of the creator of the Call of Cthulhu RPG himself, Sandy Petersen

Ably assisted by Mike Mason, Call of Cthulhu line editor, each one-shot scenario is designed for one or more sessions of play.  

Scenarios include 'Panacea', 'Hotel Hell', 'Mohole', 'The Derelict', and 'Voice on the Phone'. Each scenario comes with a set of ready to play pre-generated investigators, allowing players to dive straight into the mysteries within.

Available now in PDF, direct from Chaosium. 

No need to wait for the hardback!—purchase the PDF now and we'll send you a discount coupon that offsets the PDF purchase price once the hardcover version is available.

cha23152-petersens-abomination-front-cov

https://www.chaosium.com/petersens-abominations-pdf/

• 3 years later...

I recently bought the petersen's abominations hard cover at my local hobby store and I'm really exited to gm the Mohole adventure. It was really nice to download the pre generated character sheet but I was wondering if I had a similar option for the personnel sheet and the general map of the platform. I've been directing pathfinder for the last few years and I'm very used to buy my physical copy and then have access to the digital version of the maps, sometimes at a price but not the full price of the book (which I already own). My experience with chaosium so far has been fine but I was just wondering that it would be ace to have access to this kind of material without buying the whole PDF.

23 hours ago, Aleix Duarri said:

I recently bought the petersen's abominations hard cover at my local hobby store and I'm really exited to gm the Mohole adventure. It was really nice to download the pre generated character sheet but I was wondering if I had a similar option for the personnel sheet and the general map of the platform. I've been directing pathfinder for the last few years and I'm very used to buy my physical copy and then have access to the digital version of the maps, sometimes at a price but not the full price of the book (which I already own). My experience with chaosium so far has been fine but I was just wondering that it would be ace to have access to this kind of material without buying the whole PDF.

Somebody from Chaosium may check me on this but depending on which hobby store you bought it from (and if they are in Chaosium's program... I forget the name), you may be able to send a copy of your receipt to Dustin and get the PDF... At least I seem to recall this being possible...

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

The programme you're thinking of is Bits and Mortar. Loads of RPG publishers are involved, not just Chaosium. If your local hobby store is signed up, they'll be able to email you the PDF of your book on proof of purchase. If not, do encourage them to join - it's a bit of admin, but it helps support all our Friendly Local Game Stores.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, rsanford said:

Somebody from Chaosium may check me on this but depending on which hobby store you bought it from (and if they are in Chaosium's program... I forget the name), you may be able to send a copy of your receipt to Dustin and get the PDF... At least I seem to recall this being possible...

Nick's answer is correct, and I want to emphasize one detail:
If the game store participates in Bits&Mortar they will be sending you the PDF. Please don't email Dustin and try to show him a receipt from a game store in the hopes that Chaosium will be supplying you with a PDF. That's not how it works. We only provide the PDF when you buy directly from us on chaosium.com

We get regular requests for free PDFs from people who buy from Amazon, a local store, or even when they bought a used copy of the game, That's not what we are offering when it comes to complimentary PDFs. 

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.