MRQ Conversion Advice to BRP

Tywyll

I'm trying to convert some legendary abilities from MRQ over to BRP. I'm not using the MRQ Resilience and Resistance Skills.

So, I'm at the Legendary Abilities Skin of the Bear and the Juggernaut one. The requirements are 15+ Con and Resilience of 90% or higher. Any suggestion for what to replace with Resilience requirement with?

I was considering simply increasing the Con requirement (17?), but I'm not sure.

I would require a CON of 18.

The closest thing to Resilience in all of BRP's incarnations is the CONx5 Roll.

Also, under the latest official update to MRQ Resilience is limited to CONx5, so to get a resilience of 90 you need a CON of 18 anyhow.

On the same note, Persistence can be treated as POWx5 for conversion purposes.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

I'm trying to convert some legendary abilities from MRQ over to BRP. I'm not using the MRQ Resilience and Resistance Skills.

So, I'm at the Legendary Abilities Skin of the Bear and the Juggernaut one. The requirements are 15+ Con and Resilience of 90% or higher. Any suggestion for what to replace with Resilience requirement with?

I was considering simply increasing the Con requirement (17?), but I'm not sure.

It's a difficult one because generally the requirements for a legendary ability are one stat at 15+ and one skill at 90%. In addition, increasing stats in MRQ is far, far harder than BRP so just requiring CON 17+ wouldn't really cut it. I would be tempted to revision it as something like: STR 15, CON 15, Grapple 90%. Also you need to figure out whether you are going to require an analogue to hero points or not.

In general you may need two stats for each Legendary ability in BRP to represent the greater ease of increase. Then again, I've avoided using the MRQ legendary abilities as I'm not really keen on them so I could be totally wrong.

Another problem with making Skin of the Bear just a simple CON requirement would be that those creatures with naturally high CON, e.g. dwarves, would be pretty much born with the LA.

So, I'm at the Legendary Abilities Skin of the Bear ... The requirements are 15+ Con and Resilience of 90% or higher. Any suggestion for what to replace with Resilience requirement with?

I would be tempted to revision it as something like: STR 15, CON 15, Grapple 90%.

Grapple seems to fit pretty well, but I'd say Martial Arts (Grapple).

These abilities should be very rare and special, so perhaps base them all on Martial Arts (X). Allow 'Martial Arts' for non-combat skills too (call it 'Expertise'?) - but that creates the problem of inventing special effects for them...

PS: What is 'the Juggernaut one'?

Edited by frogspawner
PS

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Grapple seems to fit pretty well, but I'd say Martial Arts (Grapple).

These abilities should be very rare and special, so perhaps base them all on Martial Arts (X). Allow 'Martial Arts' for non-combat skills too (call it 'Expertise'?) - but that creates the problem of inventing special effects for them...

PS: What is 'the Juggernaut one'?

Actually, Martial Arts full stop might be the better way to handle it. Though I think I'm going to end up with a /lot/ of MA based abilities... :)

the Juggernaut one is from Legendary Heroes and works like Skin of the Bear (stacks with it) and then allows a roll to absorb extra damage and even, with a crit, negate it entirely.