Monster World Character Sheets

Chaot

I've been kicking around the idea of a kitchen sink fantasy game for a while. In my head it's called Monster World. I've wanted to run it but haven't committed the time to just do it. I did make some character sheets though. What follows is a front sheet and some really specific back sheets. On my list to do is a sheet for Psychic Powers and one for Shamanism, as well as a more general back sheet that combines a bunch of the power systems.

Enjoy.

Monster World front.pdf

Monster World Wizardry.pdf

Monster World Sorcery.pdf

Monster World Theurgy.pdf

Monster World Druidism.pdf

Monster World Elemental Paths.pdf

70/420

The character sheets look cool, but why wouldn't you just use one of the many excellent generic fantasy BRP variants including:

• Elric!/Stormbringer
  • Magic World

Or if you are one of the crazy ones who prefers their rules to be currently in print, what about

• OpenQuest
  • Revolution D100
  • Mythras Classic Fantasy
  • Legend
  • or even Fire and Sword

rather than making YAFBRP (there you go, a free name idea for it!)

Edited by Questbird

Haha!

Rules wise, the basic core mechanics are mostly Elric! with some of my own house rules and combat styles taken from RQ6. Psychic powers are taken directly from the BGB. Wizardry is my own answer to D&D type magic and enchantment. Sorcery is a mix of Elric! and Corum as well as my own house rules stuff. Shamanism is very loosely based on RQ3, but expanded a bit. Elemental paths are adapted from Mongoose's Magic in the Young Kingdom and mixed with some GURPS stuff. Theurgy mostly comes from Gods of Law. Druidism is mostly made up with D&D as a starting point and the Beast and Plant Lords thrown in. Vows, Blessings and Miracles take a little inspiration from RQ3 but are mostly its own thing. Alchemy is still pretty up in the air right now. I may also include a martial arts system similar to that in Dragon Lines

The point is I want to throw everything in there. Character creation makes use of The Big Damn Book of Monsters. I want all sorts of magic flying around too. I'm currently putting together one page sheets that explain how each system works for easy reference.

• Like 1

70/420

33 minutes ago, Chaot said:

Haha!

Rules wise, the basic core mechanics are mostly Elric! with some of my own house rules and combat styles taken from RQ6. Psychic powers are taken directly from the BGB. Wizardry is my own answer to D&D type magic and enchantment. Sorcery is a mix of Elric! and Corum as well as my own house rules stuff. Shamanism is very loosely based on RQ3, but expanded a bit. Elemental paths are adapted from Mongoose's Magic in the Young Kingdom and mixed with some GURPS stuff. Theurgy mostly comes from Gods of Law. Druidism is mostly made up with D&D as a starting point and the Beast and Plant Lords thrown in. Vows, Blessings and Miracles take a little inspiration from RQ3 but are mostly its own thing. Alchemy is still pretty up in the air right now. I may also include a martial arts system similar to that in Dragon Lines

The point is I want to throw everything in there. Character creation makes use of The Big Damn Book of Monsters. I want all sorts of magic flying around too. I'm currently putting together one page sheets that explain how each system works for easy reference.

That sounds ... rather awesome, actually!

I hope you'll get it to a OGL'able state and share it here... or maybe commercially-publish'able state, & either KS it yourself or take it to an existing publisher.  I look forward to any of the these!

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

It's odd. For years my games have been humanocentric. Elves and dwarves and stuff was something that I was definitely not interested in. Now I have an overwhelming desire to run something with every monster under the sun as potential PCs in a world where creatures just naturally live together in a semi-civilized manner. Having trouble finding images that sum this up. Something like this.

NWUDO2C.jpg

• Like 1

70/420