God runes

Noita

11 hours ago, Iskallor said:

I saw that the spirit rune isnt for pcs anymore. I thought the majority of Praxians had it? And what about shamans?

If it says in the runes that it isn't for PCs, just ignore it.

If you can have a rationale as to why a PC gets it, then use that.

RuneQuest shouldn't be about "You can't have this", except for very specific cult/cultural conditions.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

12 hours ago, Iskallor said:

I saw that the spirit rune isnt for pcs anymore. I thought the majority of Praxians had it? And what about shamans?

That’s not how I take it at all. In RQ everyone ‘has’ every rune at some percentage rating or other, it’s just that these rules mainly for Dragon Pass humans mainly focus on a certain set of runes and their effects. The binary status of ‘Having’ a rune or not in the HQ sense just isn’t a thing in RQ.

Simon Hibbs

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

19 hours ago, Iskallor said:

My understanding of it is... Yes, you have a spirit rune, you just don't call deeply into it unless you're not corporate. (Though your Fetch could represent your mastery of separating your internal spirit from your physical to a level that the spirit-rune of a person is a separate thing and not only present when discorporate.

But Spirit isn't particularly important to mundane life as it is corporeal. On the other hand your form runes gain a 'spirit' equivalent when discorporate and are more a manifestation of what you are, rather than who you are.

15 hours ago, simonh said:

That’s not how I take it at all. In RQ everyone ‘has’ every rune at some percentage rating or other, it’s just that these rules mainly for Dragon Pass humans mainly focus on a certain set of runes and their effects. The binary status of ‘Having’ a rune or not in the HQ sense just isn’t a thing in RQ.

Simon Hibbs

Now, to be fair, this really is the same with HeroQuest. In that system it's not that you "have" just the 3 runes on your charater sheet, those are just the three most dominant ones in that character, and therefore the ones that are relevant in play.

Something important to consider is that there is probably some amount of abstraction made for the sake mechanical soundness and balance.

Using the Spirit Rune or the Law Rune like in Heroquest was maybe not possible or ideal because of the sorcery and spirit magic rules.

Edited by Tarumath