Four features that help make RuneQuest distinct among other roleplaying games

MOB

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Probably going to come out in the supplements. RQG is very much human-centric, with other races barely mentioned.

This is a shame, because RQ has always been a game where you can play pretty much any race, some with game support and some without. That, for me, has always been a defining point of RQ.

I hear you but, still, I think it was an ok decision to stick all the creatures in one book. Maybe RQG should be seen as a two (maybe three) book set. I think I prefer it this way rather than having little "samples" of books in the main rules which already have a large page count. Also, in RQ2 the elder races were little more than basic stats in the core book. It was only when Trollpak came out that it was possible to reeeeally play an UZ. In short - yea it would have been nice to have multiple creatures to play from the get go, but I'm ok with the decision.

2 hours ago, goldenwheeldancer said:

Maybe RQG should be seen as a two (maybe three) book set. 

I have to say it IS a multibook set, it's just that the nature of reality being what it is, the three books (or even more if you include the gods book as fairly essential to the game) are coming out sequentially instead of simultaneously.

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

I just lump all the D100 games together for these purposes. These  points make the RQ Family different from many games, including HeroQuest.

Yes, my post was about features that help make "RuneQuest" distinct among other roleplaying games , not "RQG" specifically.

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Probably going to come out in the supplements. RQG is very much human-centric, with other races barely mentioned.

This is a shame, because RQ has always been a game where you can play pretty much any race, some with game support and some without. That, for me, has always been a defining point of RQ.

The RQ Bestiary, which will be available very soon, has the information required to play a variety of different races.There's a 16 page preview available from the RQG product page, and we'll be sharing another big chunk of the Bestiary in the next pre-release list mail-out. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MOB said:
4 hours ago, soltakss said:

The RQ Bestiary, which will be available very soon, has the information required to play a variety of different races.There's a 16 page preview available from the RQG product page, and we'll be sharing another big chunk of the Bestiary in the next pre-release list mail-out. 

Looking forward to the bestiary. The sample creatures are great.

The drawings are really nice. You have an illustrator who can really describe the sense form and texture characteristic of a plantness in the “Runner”. Looking forward to seeing the elves. Nice realisation of the duck. It’s all top notch stuff. Bring on the bestiary! 

37 minutes ago, MOB said:

Looking good. Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

• Like 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 6/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, MOB said:

I dunno if I speak just for me, but literally nothing is hyper than a bestiary (Except maybe a Broopak). I was literally introduced to RQ by being told it was an "RPG where you can play monsters" which while not accurate, made me kinda hype. Ya know what got me into RPGs? The AD&D monster manual and all its pretty pictures. First book I got for any RPG? 3rd edition D&D monster Manual.

You know what the best thing about RPGs is? Monsters, really neat monsters that spark the imagination and make you try and draw scary pictures with crayons as a little kid. Most of you may be too old for that to have been part of your life, but it sure was part of mine.

• Like 2