Family history : participating Homeland

Manu

when I created a character for one of my player (he was from Old Tarsh), I was confused.

Year 1597, participating homeland : Esrolia, Grazelands, Lunar Tarsh, Sartar

But lower you have :

Year 1597 Events
Modifiers:
Grazelands, Old Tarsh, Prax: –5 to D20 roll

Prax and Old Tarsh is not in the list of participating homeland.

What should I do?

32 minutes ago, Manu said:

when I created a character for one of my player (he was from Old Tarsh), I was confused.

Year 1597, participating homeland : Esrolia, Grazelands, Lunar Tarsh, Sartar

But lower you have :

Year 1597 Events
Modifiers:
Grazelands, Old Tarsh, Prax: –5 to D20 roll

Prax and Old Tarsh is not in the list of participating homeland.

What should I do?

I think "Lunar Tarsh" should say "Old Tarsh". I don't know if that was caught in the errata thread.

I think the modifiers are more likely to be correct. I based my earlier statement on the likelihood of who takes part in what - Old Tarsh is closer to Sartar and Prax, Lunar Tarsh is a long way from Esrolia to be taking part in its events.

But the main rule of thumb is, if you really want to take part in an event, then go for it no matter where you are from.

34 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

This is the event with the assassination of Sartar's heirs by the Lunars, though!  So, think Lunar Tarsh is correct, Old Tarsh is not.

Oh, right. And in fact there's an "If Lunar Tarshite" in the results, so clearly they are involved.

RQG PDF page 28:

"Some events are only important to certain Homelands. If your homeland is listed as participating, you must roll or pick a result. If your Homeland is not listed in the Participating Homelands, you can skip the event if you choose. You can still choose to roll, even if your homeland is not listed as participating. History has a way of affecting everyone, no matter where you are from."

If you really really want your Old Tarsh or Praxian character's grandparent to join in on the fun in 1597, I assume you are not meant to pick any result higher than 15 (20-5), and if you roll d20, apply that listed -5 modifier.

• Like 1