Adventure PDF Release Timeframe

Narl

The GM Screen Pack will have three adventures and a half-dozen or so scenario seeds, along with the hamlet of Apple Lane and the city of Clearwine described for GM and player use. 

All but the adventure book is laid out, and that will be available within a few weeks. 

Edited by Jason Durall
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

17 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

... three adventures and a half-dozen or so scenario seeds, along with the hamlet of Apple Lane ...

Q - If we contemplate RQG'ifying the original Apple Lane scenario, how long an in-world gap for those events / characters / etc until the RPG events of the GMSP?

edit -- I'm not so concerned with canonical "dates" in the world of Glorantha, as I am about the specific characters and places in Apple Lane.  Has Gringle retired?  Has the little town gotten much bigger?  Have the Notable Persons changed a lot?  etc...  in other words, if I move straignt from the original Apple Lane scenario to the GMSP sandbox version of Apple Lane, how much do I need to adjust to avoid glaring discrepancies?

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 hours ago, Narl said:

I'm getting into planning for my RuneQuest campaign and starting to think about scenarios. Will the next PDF have an adventure in it? And if so how far out is that release?

It is fairly easy to use older material, even from Heroquest. What will take time is creating enemy stats suited for RQG. But with the bestiary and rulebook it is doable. Can even use the Mythras enemy generator with some modding afterwards.

In my opinion the two Red Cow books for Heroquest are the best material produced for Glorantha. They are fantastic.

23 minutes ago, Marty Jpos said:

Awesome news!  Just in time for my return from holiday. 

Oh and @Dragonsnail when you say Red Cow books do you mean Coming Storm and Eleven Lights? 

Yes, correct. I'd throw money on a RQG addon for those books.

Edit: Another issue with older material is the different time setting in RQG, which is a few years forward. Coming Storm and Eleven Lights cover 1618-1625, whereas RQG is 1625+

Edited by Dragonsnail
  • Like 1

Without spoilering, can you offer any pointers on to what extent the Red Cow Saga hooks into Argrath's Cycle of Prax/Pavis/Cradle/circumnavigation, or is that background/peripheral to a more parochial/local interest tale of everyday Sartar folk? I'm considering when to set a game, given that it'll be for new-to-Glorantha players and I'm not sure about throwing them straight into full-on Hero Wars, while being happy to go through (another) retelling of the years running up to 'em to give the players chance to bed into the world (we can always blue-book a couple of years if they get settled in quick :) ) before getting on to the momentous events the new edition is set in.

8 hours ago, Dragonsnail said:

It is fairly easy to use older material, even from Heroquest. What will take time is creating enemy stats suited for RQG. But with the bestiary and rulebook it is doable. Can even use the Mythras enemy generator with some modding afterwards.

In my opinion the two Red Cow books for Heroquest are the best material produced for Glorantha. They are fantastic.

For most stuff, you don't even need stat blocks.  You can just wing it by saying the enemy is a 7/6/5 with 75% skill (7 chest, 6 ab/head/legs, 5 arms) give him appropriate armor for his class, then throw out appropriate cult battle magic, rune magic to make the combat fun and you're good to go.

Save stat blocking for major NPCs the PCs are likely to do combat with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, womble said:

Without spoilering, can you offer any pointers on to what extent the Red Cow Saga hooks into Argrath's Cycle of Prax/Pavis/Cradle/circumnavigation, or is that background/peripheral to a more parochial/local interest tale of everyday Sartar folk? I'm considering when to set a game, given that it'll be for new-to-Glorantha players and I'm not sure about throwing them straight into full-on Hero Wars, while being happy to go through (another) retelling of the years running up to 'em to give the players chance to bed into the world (we can always blue-book a couple of years if they get settled in quick :) ) before getting on to the momentous events the new edition is set in.

Most material is locally centered, and little to none is connected with Prax/Pavis. But each period begins with a summary of the hero wars and things that affect the clan and tribe. And several episodes are centered around the big events, like Orlanth's death for example.

In the adventure book Eleven LIght's there is a short piece on how to keep the story canon if you want to change things. I think that is a summary of events that will affect the clan. I typed it below.

Spoiler (select to show) (s
1619 The Bat Comes to Sartar
1621-1622, Orlanth is Dead
1622 The Three New Stars
1622-1623 The Rising of the Culbrea
1624 The Eleven Lights
1625 The Liberation of Jonstown
1625 The Battle of Dangerford

Edited by Dragonsnail
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, womble said:

... hooks into Argrath's Cycle of Prax/Pavis/Cradle/circumnavigation, or is that background/peripheral to a more parochial/local interest tale of everyday Sartar folk?

Note that everywhere thinks they are the center of existence.  Prax/Pavis considers Sartar/Esrolia stuff to be "parochial / local interest" and those places consider the Prax/Pavis area (and each other) in the same manner.

Given the Dragon-Pass-centricity of the Hero Wars events, it's very arguable that Argrath's "Prax/Pavis" arc is mere intro/backstory for the more Sartar-centric plotlines...  😉

I think it's a very valid question, though, to ask if an essentially Prax/Pavis/Cradle campaign would get much usable/playable content from the Sartar-centric Red Cow Saga.  I suspect the answer is, "not so much; unless of course the Prax/Pavis PC's find a reason to ally themselves with the Red Cow clan, and participate in Sartar-centric stories" ... but given the commonality of the Lunar foes, that is FAR from implausible!  I could easily see the PC's deciding that their efforts in Sartar could work wonders for taking Lunar pressure off Prax/Pavis & the Zola Fel...  Kind of a classic military doctrine, in fact.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Actually, in Red Cow there's an excellent gap in adventures that will allow a GM to send the PCs on a Trade mission to Prax, give them some time to rummage around in the Rubble and survive the streets of Pavis, then take part in The Cradle adventure and get home just in time as Winter comes.

• Like 5