Who were Sartar's Companions?

jeffjerwin

36 minutes ago, jeffjerwin said:

I can't recall or locate any besides Geo, and of course the Humakti bodyguards...

Wilms was probably one (KoS p.110) and helped him found Wilmskirk.  

I don't think Hauberk Jon or Swen Leapfoot were necessarily companions but certainly aided Sartar in raising their cities.  

Otherwise Sartar was of the Orshanti clan of the Hendriki and a Larnsting, but don't think I've seen any other companions named.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Wilms was probably one (KoS p.110) and helped him found Wilmskirk.  

I don't think Hauberk Jon or Swen Leapfoot were necessarily companions but certainly aided Sartar in raising their cities.  

Otherwise Sartar was of the Orshanti clan of the Hendriki and a Larnsting, but don't think I've seen any other companions named.

OK, Wilms, and Geo... Thanks. And the unnamed Humakti.

And behind every great man is a duck, of course.

• Haha 1

Apart from Wilms and Geo, we know about the man who became Ostling Four Wolves, the replacement chief (king) for the Telmori tribe. It isn't clear whether that son of Derik Pol Joni who won the riding match against the Feathered Horse Queen's best horse and rider was one of his companions already or whether he became one through this feat.

I doubt that his companions were limited to his clan or even country of origin. In the case of Ostling, a Jajalaring origin has been speculated.

Sartar being a non-martial hero, his companions may have been of a lot less martial background, too.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

7 hours ago, Joerg said:

Apart from Wilms and Geo, we know about the man who became Ostling Four Wolves, the replacement chief (king) for the Telmori tribe. It isn't clear whether that son of Derik Pol Joni who won the riding match against the Feathered Horse Queen's best horse and rider was one of his companions already or whether he became one through this feat.

I doubt that his companions were limited to his clan or even country of origin. In the case of Ostling, a Jajalaring origin has been speculated.

Sartar being a non-martial hero, his companions may have been of a lot less martial background, too.

There's a reference in "Cult of Wilms" in WF 15 I think to many of Sartar's followers being artists and craftsbeings.

Edit: Although Sartar was probably not trailed by any of his Larnsting colleagues, he according to the Glorantha Sourcebook, was also initiated into the secrets of the Puppetteers. Note that he has the Illusion/Art rune in his his sigil (which, out of Glorantha, is also Greg's).

Edited by jeffjerwin
  • Like 2