Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jeffjerwin

Who were Sartar's Companions?

Recommended Posts

I can't recall or locate any besides Geo, and of course the Humakti bodyguards...

I'm probably missing somebody. I'm thinking of his early 'adventuring party' as it were, rather than people that allied with him later on.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jeffjerwin said:

I can't recall or locate any besides Geo, and of course the Humakti bodyguards...

Wilms was probably one (KoS p.110) and helped him found Wilmskirk.  

I don't think Hauberk Jon or Swen Leapfoot were necessarily companions but certainly aided Sartar in raising their cities.  

Otherwise Sartar was of the Orshanti clan of the Hendriki and a Larnsting, but don't think I've seen any other companions named.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Wilms was probably one (KoS p.110) and helped him found Wilmskirk.  

I don't think Hauberk Jon or Swen Leapfoot were necessarily companions but certainly aided Sartar in raising their cities.  

Otherwise Sartar was of the Orshanti clan of the Hendriki and a Larnsting, but don't think I've seen any other companions named.

OK, Wilms, and Geo... Thanks. And the unnamed Humakti.

And behind every great man is a duck, of course.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Wilms and Geo, we know about the man who became Ostling Four Wolves, the replacement chief (king) for the Telmori tribe. It isn't clear whether that son of Derik Pol Joni who won the riding match against the Feathered Horse Queen's best horse and rider was one of his companions already or whether he became one through this feat.

I doubt that his companions were limited to his clan or even country of origin. In the case of Ostling, a Jajalaring origin has been speculated.

Sartar being a non-martial hero, his companions may have been of a lot less martial background, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joerg said:

Apart from Wilms and Geo, we know about the man who became Ostling Four Wolves, the replacement chief (king) for the Telmori tribe. It isn't clear whether that son of Derik Pol Joni who won the riding match against the Feathered Horse Queen's best horse and rider was one of his companions already or whether he became one through this feat.

I doubt that his companions were limited to his clan or even country of origin. In the case of Ostling, a Jajalaring origin has been speculated.

Sartar being a non-martial hero, his companions may have been of a lot less martial background, too.

There's a reference in "Cult of Wilms" in WF 15 I think to many of Sartar's followers being artists and craftsbeings.

Edit: Although Sartar was probably not trailed by any of his Larnsting colleagues, he according to the Glorantha Sourcebook, was also initiated into the secrets of the Puppetteers. Note that he has the Illusion/Art rune in his his sigil (which, out of Glorantha, is also Greg's).

Edited by jeffjerwin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, jeffjerwin said:

And behind every great man is a duck, of course.

C'mon, that's so racist.  Not all ducks are assassins, and those that are, aren't that efficient.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×