The Sounds of Worship.

albinoboo

You can say its not properly Bronze Age, but this is what I played when my players met Harrek:

And of course this is the national anthem of Sartar:

Now Whitewall plays a different tune:

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, g33k said:

I envision troll-made drums even bigger... maybe with dinosaur-hide?

The Uz argue that the world itself is an enormous drum which was knocked upside-down when the burner invaded wonderhome. Hard to get much bigger than that! I'm sure they have some rather impressively sized ritual replicas. They also create some remarkably powerful drum-like effects by simply banging on the walls of their caves with large rocks and whatnot. 

(and THANKS for the Taiko links... i have sadly managed several times to try and google up "that traditional japanese drum thing" in assorted variations without any luck)

I know i've posted it before, but the "Enlophone" is one of my personal favorite Uz "instruments" 

I don't have any links, but the excellent Etrugrul:Resurrection has music that could be from Gloranthan worship ceremonies. The first series had Sufi chants and music from worship/magic ceremonies. Later series have shamanic ceremonies with drums and chants that could be Praxian or Pentian.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

54 minutes ago, albinoboo said:

Blue Moon trolls like some jazz.

Cool, jive hipster zoot suit wearing trolls, swinging pocket watches (taken from fallen Mostali (latest tech, split minute accuracy) wearing obsidian shades in a dark nightclub, wrong but... so right!

• Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

11 minutes ago, albinoboo said:
25 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Cool, jive hipster zoot suit wearing trolls, swinging pocket watches (taken from fallen Mostali (latest tech, split minute accuracy) wearing obsidian shades in a dark nightclub, wrong but... so right!

Gak! Make theeee eeevvill bahhdd man go away... me scared masta troll. Plleeezzze!

• Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

This has been listed already, I think, but I'll add this version at it shows the instrument being played: live performance of 'Hymn to Nikkal

And these nordic lurs, which I'd seen pics of but not heard before, are particularly intimidating. The sound of an advancing Orlanthi warband, of the oncoming storm.

• Like 2