Mythras Bundle!

g33k

So i see both of the Mythras bundles up and they are quite tempting. I am enjoying the new RuneQuest and like the core mechanics though there are things Ive considered changing so I'm wondering if picking up Mythras would be a good deal for more historical campaigns and just to see the differences in what are similar core mechanics.

2 hours ago, DerKrieger said:

So i see both of the Mythras bundles up and they are quite tempting. I am enjoying the new RuneQuest and like the core mechanics though there are things Ive considered changing so I'm wondering if picking up Mythras would be a good deal for more historical campaigns and just to see the differences in what are similar core mechanics.

I am tempted myself, and I believe the answer to both questions is yes. Now not having dealt with Bundle of Holding before, who are they and what's the deal about the deal.

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

@Bill the barbarian

1. Go to https://bundleofholding.com/user/login and make an account real quick
  2. then go to https://bundleofholding.com/presents/MythrasCore and pay above the minimum average paid so far for the bundle you want

Right now it seems to be reasonably cheap, but certainly popular: as I'm in the US, it says US$14.95 for the Core or US$25.26 for Core plus Bonus Collection. You need to meet one of those two minimums to get either just the Core or the Core plus Bonus.

As people donate, they donate extra because it's for charity, so the price rises. So it'll go up over time. 

You've got like 18 more days till the bundle ends.

- the Red-Head Woman

For just US$14.95 you get all five titles in this revived Core offer's Starter Collection (retail value $47) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the 304-page Mythras core rulebook, three adventures -- Madness & Other Colours, Xamoxis' Cleansing, and A Gift From Shamash (that last one is even science fiction!) -- and the 336-page Classic Fantasy supplement (Old School dungeon crawls in Mythras!).

And if you pay more than this offer's threshold price of $25.26, you'll level up and also get this revival's entire Bonus Collection with eight more supplements and adventures worth an additional $57, including Mythic Britain (and the Mythic Britain Companion), Mythic Rome (plus the Mythic Rome Maps), and three Classic Fantasy adventures: These Violent Delights, The Terror of Ettinmarsh, and Tomb of the Mad Wizard.

Edited by Qizilbashwoman

@Bill the barbarian
I can also vouch for Bundle, they are very reliable and I've used then for Pendragon and a Coriolis/Tales from the Loop Bundle as well as a couple of indie and OSR bundles. Ive yet to see better deals on TTRPGs than Bundle of Holding but you just have to wait until they have a bundle you want.

I'm more so just sitting here with my RuneQuest game on hiatus wondering...do I really need both bundles?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Right now it seems to be reasonably cheap, but certainly popular: as I'm in the US, it says US$14.95 for the Core or US$25.26 for Core plus Bonus Collection. You need to meet one of those two minimums to get either just the Core or the Core plus Bonus.

Too bad I did not know that when it was 9 bucks, alas!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Too bad I did not know that when it was 9 bucks, alas!

i mean, sure, but at least it's for charity?

the Electronic Frontier Foundation are the best of the best people, especially right now, when the FCC is trying to get the right to turn off the internet sites it doesn't like (for real).

Edited by Qizilbashwoman

5 hours ago, DerKrieger said:

MYTHRAS is the best D100 rules set for historical campaigns. Highly recommended!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, lawrence.whitaker said:

It's modular, like most d100 systems, so taking ideas or mechanics to use elsewhere is easily done. Or you may just fall in love with the system as it stands. Either way, Bundle of Holding is a fantastic deal, and it helps out a worthy cause too.

Crazy, yes I'm crazy for loving you d100 games... Well, can’t say I put in a fortune (not having access to one being the main reason) but I had to buy this... just too tempting and I do love the works of m. nash and m. whitaker.

Thank you

• Like 2