New Classes for 13G

Kel M

I've developed a couple of new classes for 13G: The Goldentongue and the Sun Dome Templar.  These are (of course) somewhat based on the suggestions on pages 439 and 441 of 13th Age Glorantha, but I've drawn heavily on my early RuneQuest experiences with Cults of Prax. (Create Market, Spell Trading, Kuschile Horse Archery, you get the idea.)

At the urging of one of my players, I'm also working on a class that's close to my heart: the Lunar Priest.  (Madness, Mind Blast and Lunes all around.)

Is this the right place to post them for feedback and comment?  It's not copyright infringement or anything, is it?  (Because if it is, needless to say, I won't do it.)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kel M said:

Is this the right place to post them for feedback and comment?

Yes, this subforum should be the right place.

28 minutes ago, Kel M said:

It's not copyright infringement or anything, is it?

As long as it's fan material for your game and you're not trying to sell it, then there should be no issues.

I have a Monkey (Baboon...my players wanted them to be Snow Monkeys like you see in the hot springs in Japan but still basically be Glorantha Baboons) write up and some Lunar stuff that is still being worked on. Also did some Troll and Duck variants, and adapted the Occultist to be a God Learner type role (I realize a lot of people probably vomited in their mouths after reading that, but we DGAF about canon).

Our game died a few months back and the goal is to start back up by October. I don't have any of it in digital form but will try in the next few weeks to upload some stuff here. Haven't felt much pull to share seeing how 13A and especially 13G seem uberniche (Simon's _adapting 13G to RQ_ thread here is one of the only recent ones that got any traction).

Those look good, I'll try and convince them to think about going in that direction seeing how we spent the last run with mostly trolls and Lunars.

Edited by tedopon
I added more sentences.

121/420

On 9/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, tedopon said:

I have a Monkey (Baboon...my players wanted them to be Snow Monkeys like you see in the hot springs in Japan but still basically be Glorantha Baboons) write up and some Lunar stuff that is still being worked on. Also did some Troll and Duck variants, and adapted the Occultist to be a God Learner type role (I realize a lot of people probably vomited in their mouths after reading that, but we DGAF about canon).

Our game died a few months back and the goal is to start back up by October. I don't have any of it in digital form but will try in the next few weeks to upload some stuff here. Haven't felt much pull to share seeing how 13A and especially 13G seem uberniche (Simon's _adapting 13G to RQ_ thread here is one of the only recent ones that got any traction).

Those look good, I'll try and convince them to think about going in that direction seeing how we spent the last run with mostly trolls and Lunars.

We had a troll, but he died and didn't make a heroic return.  The player opted for a human after that.

I agree that the Occultist makes a good fit for the God Learner.  And there's no need for you to GAF about canon, since YGWV.  Ours is about to vary big time tomorrow night.

Whatever you can upload, I will definitely take!

• 2 months later...

@Kel M I like these! I have not yet played 13th Age Glorantha (or even original 13th Age), I have only just bought the books, so I can't say much about balancing and stuff like that, but I think these are well thought and written. Especially I like the idea of thinking about the Goldentongue as a kind of a bard.

Some small issues:

• "For a Goldentongue, weapons are the last resort when negotiations have failed, --" As they are not really weapon users, maybe they should not deal damage when missing with a melee weapon? Or maybe just 1 point (and maybe 2 for champion and 3 for epic tier)?
  • In Spell Trading: "Each participant rolls to use the ability against a difficulty of 6." Which ability is it that should be used here?
  • "The Sun Dome Templar is a transformation of the Paladin class from pages 110-115 of the core 13th Age rulebook." Maybe you could add something like "--, just more uptight"? 😉
  • The Templars runes are listed as "Trade, another rune from your god, and a personal rune", probably a slight copy&paste error?

Otherwise, good work! I'll try to check the paladin and bard abilities if I have something to say about them in the context of Glorantha.

• Like 1