Another BRP adventure contest is coming

Fergo113

But wait there's more...

[We released the PDF version of the book in March. A physical copy of the book will be available by mid-April. The remainder of the prize package will be sent out once the physical copy arrives. Now that the first contest is (finally!) behind us. Plans are underway for a second BRP adventure contest. Keep an eye on Chaosium.com]

Chaosium.com: News - 2008 BRP Contest Winners

Woohoo! Another BRP adventure contest. :thumb:

Cheers

Fergo113

So, who is planning on writing something for this? Anyone looking at doing something for a Pulp or Supers genre?

I'm very tempted to write up something, just a quick adventure so I can actually have the satisfaction of seeing something finished. Of course that would take time and focus away from another project I've been working on since last year -so I'm torn.

On the other hand, I'm hoping to see another historic based adventure or two in this next monograph. Any volunteers? :D

After edit: Can we merge this and the other announcement thread?

Edited by ORtrail

Which brings up a good opportunity I think, rleduc. How nice would it be to see some of the monographs get some extra support through the BRP Adventures mongraphs? Might not work in every case of course, as some would no doubt require the full monograph to really understand the adventure setting, but still....

To use a videogame analogy, we often see a demo for a game to build interest for the full game. Why not a sample adventure with some setting notes to promote a BRP monograph?

See how easy it is to volunteer others to do work? :)

Which brings up a good opportunity I think, rleduc. How nice would it be to see some of the monographs get some extra support through the BRP Adventures mongraphs? Might not work in every case of course, as some would no doubt require the full monograph to really understand the adventure setting, but still....

To use a videogame analogy, we often see a demo for a game to build interest for the full game. Why not a sample adventure with some setting notes to promote a BRP monograph?

I wanted to do this last year for Sword & Spell. A short dungeon crawl utilizing some of the new magic items, spells, spot rules, monsters etc. I would use pre-gen characters based on the iconic characters used throughout the examples from the book.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time and more than likely won't have the time now either. Really wanted to though.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

If the timing works, I plan on doing this for the setting I'm writing for Chaosium. The setting'll be released as a book, not a monograph, but hopefully you guys are ok with that.

Yeah, I already have an adventure in mind – it would be playable without Rubble and Ruin, but would introduce several elements of the setting.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working on my submission.

It is a WWII setting, the players are Special Forces Rangers, but they are an even more elite group, because they have psychic abilities. The Psi-Arms Race has begun, and the US wants to ensure that they are the only ones to have that advantage once they get wind of a Nazi movement to also develop psionics.