Austin

Hello all!

I've got a short adventure written, titled The Throat of Winter, which I intend to publish with Chaosium's forthcoming Jonstown Compendium. I'm looking for one or two volunteer groups to playtest it and provide their thoughts. While it's not the first adventure I've written, it is the first I've put together with other people using it in mind. The adventure is set during winter, during the latter half of Dark season and the first half of Storm season. It's based on a site, the titular cave, which I've placed in the Starfire Ridges of the Colymar tribe's lands. However, the adventure is pretty modular, and I think it should be usable anywhere in Dragon Pass.

I believe the adventure should be suitable for use with the pregenerated adventurers (Vasana et al) but I'd prefer to know how it interacts with house adventurers. I've also tried including suggestions for ongoing play as part of a campaign set in Apple Lane.

Here's my current draft of the back cover copy:

Winter descends on Dragon Pass. When the child Rolf goes missing while checking on his family sheep after a blizzard, his parents Rastolf and Serla become frantic. They come to the village of Apple Lane begging for help from any who will listen. They come seeking any who will brave the wind and snow of winter to find a little boy. They come seeking adventurers.

This site-based adventure is intended to provide one to three sessions of RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha play for four to six beginning to intermediate adventurers. While it is integrated into the Colymar campaign provided in Chaosium's Gamemaster Screen Pack, this adventure is designed for use in any Dragon Pass campaign.

• Like 8

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Depending on how soon you need the feedback, the power level (my PCs are designed as farmers and herders mostly, and don't pack the punch the pregens do), and whether it has any unique Dragon Pass ties, this sounds like something I could work into my Risklands campaign come Dark Season.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to publicly say thanks to everyone who offered to help, both here and in PMs, as I move through the last stages of layout & production. Your generosity is appreciated! Putting this together has definitely been a learning process, albeit a fun one. Able to appreciate all the hard work the Chaosium folks put in a bit more now.

I'd also like to apologize to anyone who wanted to assist, and was unable. I didn't schedule an appropriately long time for playtesting, and it's something I plan to work on improving in the future.

Once again, thanks to everyone at BRPCentral for feedback, and for useful discussions & advice generally. I appreciate this community. :)

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website