Delta Green article in Forbes

Simlasa

Adblockers are your friends... but you didn't miss much if you're already a DG player, as it was basically a short presentation and historical recap of Delta Green as a game, and what books are available now with the new edition. It's great to see it get exposure like that, though, and I didn't even know Forbes ran a gaming column. Hopefully that will translate to more horror gaming sales... now where's that Critical Role Delta Green one-shot?!

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

2 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Adblockers are your friends... 

No!  Forbes was onto my use of Adblocker and blocked the content until I turned it off.  Then the barrage of pop-up videos and sidescroll advertisements began.

That said, I got far enough into the article to see that it was nothing new to me.  But, yeah, Forbes, WSJ, Business Review -- they're all making an effort to show that popular culture is, in fact, part of the consumer markets they report on.  Probably due, in no small part, to the fact that several prominent figures in business today grew up on things like television sitcoms, RPGs, console games, and sports, and discuss them openly.  Who'd-a-thunk?

!i!

• Like 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

While it’s great that DG is receiving this attention—Arc Dream can now quote a Forbes article in their ads and marketing—the article comes from a Forbes “contributor”, rather than a staff writer.  (Here’s a fuller explanation of how the contributor program works from a member.). I’d be very interested to know how many clicks this directs to delta-green.com and drivethrurpg and how it improves Delta Green’s Google search.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall a few other gaming related articles on Forbes in the past two years -- One on the surge in interest with Euro Games (e.g., Settlers of Catan) among Silicon Valley, and another one of the renewed popularity of D&D. I can't find the articles for reference and it may have something to do with my adblocker too. I wasn't able to read the Delta Green article due to my adblocker. Thanks, @lordabdul & @Ian Absentia for summarizing the content.