Filichet and the Queen of Holay

jeffjerwin

9 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

So she was still a child when she became Queen Holaya?

She had just become an adult. But as I noted, I did not closely track in what year each encounter event occurred - I wanted a more mythic aspect to the story since it reflected the wanderings of the tribe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jajagappa said:

She had just become an adult. But as I noted, I did not closely track in what year each encounter event occurred - I wanted a more mythic aspect to the story since it reflected the wanderings of the tribe.

Would it be fair to have Holaya 'recognized' as Redalda by the remnants of the proto-Tarshites in this area, they having lost their identity, in a profound sense, from the EWF? I don't see what is later Holay as empty, and of course Arim is an Orlanthi.

The Tarshites are Alakorings, I think. If so there may be a union between Holaya's tribe and the remains of that group.

This re-encounter triggers the reawakening of long gone wyters, perhaps...

1 hour ago, jeffjerwin said:

Would it be fair to have Holaya 'recognized' as Redalda by the remnants of the proto-Tarshites in this area, they having lost their identity, in a profound sense, from the EWF?

Yes, I think that is quite reasonable.

This is all tribal area rebelling from the EWF and led by Alakoring particularly in Aggar/Tarsh and then Verenmars and his heirs in Saird. Both throw off the draconic priesthood. Alakoring institutes the Orlanth Rex practices. Verenmars establishes his own dynasty ruling or taking tribute from surrounding tribes, ostensibly with a broad "tribal" council (the Erindamic Council, or Council of the Dogs).