Ganestoro's Runes?

Nevermet

Pretty much what it says on the tin: what runes are associated with Estoro / Ganestoro / Ganesatarus? 

Even more specifically, are there any canonical statements about this?  I could imagine cases to be made for darkness, death, disorder, illusion, chaos... 

15 minutes ago, metcalph said:

Depends on the rules set, I suppose. I would have said Darkness and Mastery but in RQG, it might to be Darkness, Death and Illusion? (to pose Idovanus as the God of Truth). 

I guess I could just as easily ask what runes are associated with Idovanus and play the antonym game.

Idovanus   /  Ganestoro

Law / Disorder (possibly Chaos)

Truth / Illusion

Light or Fire / Darkness (this would work well for the versions of Idovanus that get equated with Yelm.

2 hours ago, Nevermet said:

Pretty much what it says on the tin: what runes are associated with Estoro / Ganestoro / Ganesatarus? 

Even more specifically, are there any canonical statements about this?

A tidbit from Greg's Lunar Secrets (dated 1995):

Subera. The Perceptible Goddess. The Mother of Matter.  The Devourer.  She is Fuel.  Aka: Ganesatarus, Pelandan GanEstoro.

Note: whether canonical or not, or whether Gregged or not, I cannot say. It was an in-process thought at the time.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

A tidbit from Greg's Lunar Secrets (dated 1995):

Subera. The Perceptible Goddess. The Mother of Matter.  The Devourer.  She is Fuel.  Aka: Ganesatarus, Pelandan GanEstoro.

Well, that blows my mind, especially given that the Entekosaid came out in 1996, so it would be reasonable to assume his thinking didn't change THAT dramatically between the two.

I'm too busy being fascinated to be upset how much that upends some things I concluded.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nevermet said:

I'm too busy being fascinated to be upset how much that upends some things I concluded.

To elaborate, up until this thread, I had been of the opinion that Ganestarus was a darkened aspect of Lodril / Turos.  (I can argue this relatively well given the Entekosaid... I thought)

I'm now rethinkng a lot.

Edited by Nevermet

51 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

What's that, now?

As I noted in the thread on the Entekosiad, there are other works by Greg, particularly on Lunar material but also the Harmast and Arkat sagas, that never made it to a published state.  Some were shared at conventions, some as part of collaborative efforts.  Some were gathered collections of where he was in thought process at the time, and whether or not he still held those thoughts later is an unknown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

As I noted in the thread on the Entekosiad, there are other works by Greg, particularly on Lunar material but also the Harmast and Arkat sagas, that never made it to a published state.  Some were shared at conventions, some as part of collaborative efforts.  Some were gathered collections of where he was in thought process at the time, and whether or not he still held those thoughts later is an unknown.

There's a quote by Cristopher Tolkien on J.R.R. Tolkien's works (I'm paraphrasing as best I can): "There are my father's published thoughts, his latest thoughts and his best thoughts on his works. These are not always the same." I'm guessing the same goes for Greg.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

There's a quote by Cristopher Tolkien on J.R.R. Tolkien's works (I'm paraphrasing as best I can): "There are my father's published thoughts, his latest thoughts and his best thoughts on his works. These are not always the same." I'm guessing the same goes for Greg.

Looks like I'm going to be doing a close reading of the Entekosaid.  Again.

Wimper

Edited by Nevermet
  • Haha 1