Urcheth

Snugz

I'd read earlier on this forum that "Urcheth is a new Chaos god that appears early in the Hero Wars. Its many organs are new chaos outbursts and manifestations across Genertela."

I know that there is ~nothing official published yet on this Urcheth but do people have speculations beyond the above what it is, and what role it plays in the Hero Wars? I am curious. Along the lines of (also from this forum) "There's also some unpublished stuff that may or may not be relevant now. In Fronela a Chaotic Miasma, one of the Tentacles of Urcheth appears and is spread or supported by Selkorze, Lord Death Riding (AKA lord Death a Horse)." Sounds like it is also part of what happens in Dragon Pass w/Chaos outbursts after the Lunars get pushed out. (and 13th Age game plotlines?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Snugz said:

I'd read earlier on this forum that "Urcheth is a new Chaos god that appears early in the Hero Wars. Its many organs are new chaos outbursts and manifestations across Genertela."

That's from the Hero Wars metaplot notes that saw limited circulation at the time HeroQuest was published. Urcheth was one of several lieutenants of the mastermind behind the build-up of the forces of Chaos or Apocalypse.

I know that there is ~nothing official published yet on this Urcheth but do people have speculations beyond the above what it is, and what role it plays in the Hero Wars? I am curious. Along the lines of (also from this forum) "There's also some unpublished stuff that may or may not be relevant now. In Fronela a Chaotic Miasma, one of the Tentacles of Urcheth appears and is spread or supported by Selkorze, Lord Death Riding (AKA lord Death a Horse)." Sounds like it is also part of what happens in Dragon Pass w/Chaos outbursts after the Lunars get pushed out. (and 13th Age game plotlines?)

Plenty of factions in the Hero Wars are going to receive offers too good to be rejected. Remember Argrath's "This is how we deal with assassins" from his entry into the city of Pavis/Boldhome? Any player of the Dragon Pass boardgame knows that the House of Sartar has assassins in its employ, too. Or ask anyone versed in the history of House Norinel and its allies 70-80 years ago... 

To me, it looks like the Evil Adversary comes to the Hero Wars with the goal of world domination rather than with the goal of ending the world. Much like Avanadpur was interested in its continued existence. In that, the true forces of Chaos may be its dupes.

1 minute ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Lord Death on a Horse is Chaotic? Huh, I never knew.

Could be, could just be someone unafraid to associate with chaotics. His reign definitely aids and abets chaotic behavior.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

13 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

I don't imagine he cares. Chaos or not-Chaos, it matters not.

He can use Death Magic from Chaos Deities, so I'd agree, he doesn't care.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here