Yelmalion at an Elmal temple.

Manimati

15 hours ago, Richard S. said:

If it's alright for me to ask, why did you give him fire powers in SKoH? I was doing some research the other day and was interested to see that that's the only Elmal writeup where he has a significant association with fire. At the time did you just think that the Heortlings needed a native god with fire powers who wasn't a Lowfire? Or was there another reason?

He's the god of the sun and the sun is hot? Unlike Yelmalio who is the god of the light of the Sun Dome, which isn't hot.

Edited by Akhôrahil

14 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

Unlike Yelmalio who is the god of the light of the Sun Dome, which isn't hot.

Sun Dome, Mountain Sun, Forest Sun, there are different ways of describing the cool light of Yelmalio. He's a cool dude, after all.

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

16 hours ago, Richard S. said:

If it's alright for me to ask, why did you give him fire powers in SKoH? I was doing some research the other day and was interested to see that that's the only Elmal writeup where he has a significant association with fire. At the time did you just think that the Heortlings needed a native god with fire powers who wasn't a Lowfire? Or was there another reason?

At the time I did not want to include him in the book. If I recall, it was David Dunham who convinced me to include Elmal. I was worried about going too far away from the presentation in Storm Tribe - we had already gotten rid of a lot of material. One way of looking at those SKoH write-ups is that they were intentional "halfway" points to where we wanted to end up. Which is where we are now.

• Like 3